[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Best audio books with a good narrator.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1458574818370.jpg (87 KB, 640x793) Image search: [Google]
1458574818370.jpg
87 KB, 640x793
ITT: Best audio books with a good narrator.
>>
librvox
>>
>>7851094
wew
>>
>>7851094
>check youtube for audiobook of short story, to listen to during work/drive/whatever
>oh wow there are actually some by this author! cool!!
>don't see librivox anywhere, phew
>click
>nerdy fucking 14 year old, half a mile away from his microphone, speaks through a hailstorm of static "nnh this is a lirrifox recor'in nnnh all lirrifox recor'ins are in da public domein"
>starts reading hilarious story by saki in his nasal fucking voice
>can't help but picture this evil nerdy nasally-voiced pleb fuck on a ship distantly at sea in the middle of a hurricane, calling out barely audible passages of books i like
>try ten more times to find a story not by someone like this
>best i find is a woman with an actual cartoonish barbara walters lisp glibly reading lovecraft
>yell at my monitor WHY?? WHY WOULD YOU READ LOVECRAFT? YOU SOUND LIKE FUCKING BARBARA WALTERS!!!
>later that night have weird fucked up dream about barbara walters and myron from Fallout 2 following me around on a boat in a black-and-white storm, constantly harassing me through a scratchy 1950s ham radio

GO FUCK YOURSELF LIBRIVOX
>>
>>7851079
I have an mp3 of Christopher Walken reading The Raven.
>>
>>7851079
Barrett Whitener's narration of A Confederacy of Dunces is very good.

Also any David Sedaris audiobook. If you're into that kind of thing.
>>
I've recently started doing audiobooks professionally, so I'm going to say me.
>>
>>7851136
>>7851094
Just listen to the librivox recordings at 1.5 or double speed. It makes their shitty recording and diction less noticeable.

The librivox recording of Heart of Darkness is GOAT tho
>>
Matt Dillon reading On the Road. I read the book before I heard it and from now on I always read it in Matt Dillon's voice.
>>
>>7851374
>Just listen to the librivox recordings at 1.5 or double speed
This.
Some of them are just beyond repair, but the upped speed helps a lot of those recordings. Upping the speed makes it seem like they have it memorized and adjusts their pitch a bit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.