[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stream of consciousness Stream of consciousness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: stream-of-consciousness1.jpg (60 KB, 753x603) Image search: [Google]
stream-of-consciousness1.jpg
60 KB, 753x603
Which book would you consider the best, in the style of 'stream of consciousness', book?

>Hard mode: no Joyce.
>>
Sound & Fury
Faulkner
>>
As I lay Dying too. Probably prefer Faulkner to Joyce tbh.
>>
The Sound and the Fury
>>
>>6472242

parts of Hunger by Knut Hamsun
>>
The Waves by Woolf
>>
>posting Sound and the Fury over Absalom, Absalom!

Y'all crazy. But yeah, the answer is Faulkner. Maybe possibly sometimes Woolf, but really Faulkner
>>
Of this I've only read of Joyce (all of them). Which would you guys suggest the next step for me? Considering I'm way too hesitant for Faulkner at the moment.
>>
>>6472382
are you fucking scared of a book?
>>
>>6472393
Hesitant of disappointment and hype-backlash. So, yes I guess, I don't want it to hurt me.
>>
>Only one non-English speaking author mentioned so far.
...Americans.
>>
>>6472415
you're a massive faggot
>>
Under The Volcano
>>
>>6472455
Thank you. So, do you have any recommendations for big homo boys then?
>>
File: 27426.jpg (40 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
27426.jpg
40 KB, 306x475
The Death of Virgil
>>
Beckett's novels
Gaddis

the rest of the good ones (Woolf, Faulnker) have been named in this thread already
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.