[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
your favourite Pynchon novel? Slow Learner faggots are banned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 23-thomas-pynchon.jpg (1 MB, 2200x3037) Image search: [Google]
23-thomas-pynchon.jpg
1 MB, 2200x3037
your favourite Pynchon novel?

Slow Learner faggots are banned from this thread, being this ironical is ridiculous
>>
Bleeding edge, because pinecone is a truther.
>>
TCoL49

because it's the only one I read :^)
>>
>>6394387
Mason & Dixon because it absolutely blows me away without all the showy flash of GR.
>>
Gravity's Rainbow. I've read them all and I don't see how any of them come close.

His first three are definitely my favorite three though.
>>
Loved CoL49 a lot. Just stole V. from B+N today and it's great so far. Is all this sailor jargon some kind of play on Moby Dick?
>>
I've read TCoL49, V., about two hundred pages of M&D, and am currently at page 30 of GR (the part with the spiritist session). So far, they rank: V., what I read of M&D (lost my copy and at Uni's library there's only an awful Spanish translation), TCoL49, then GR. I repeat, page 30/760, and this promises to be at least on V.-level (one of my all time favorite novels), but I'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>6395901
>reading M&D and GR at the same time
damn nigga what the fuck
>>
>>6395901
>rating books you havnt finished
>>
>>6395870
>Just stole V.

Fuck you, kid.
>>
>>6395922
Lost my copy, when I went looking for one in the library, I only found GR, so I grabbed it while I save up to order M&D from Amazon. which is gonna be a whilefucking oil prices making dollars expensive as shit when compared to Mexican pesos I'm not that fucked up man, chill.

>>6395927
>what I read of
Did you even read the post? I'm only saying that I enjoyed more what I read from M&D than TCoL49 or what I have read so far of GR.
>>
I think M&D is probably his best by any attempt at objective measure, but Gravity's Rainbow was the most fun for me, in part because it was my first experience getting totally lost in that kind of insane world. (Literary fiction writers never have that kind of imagination; genre fiction writers never have that kind of prose.)

I haven't read Against the Day or Vineland yet.
>>
>>6395928

Stealing from Barnes and Noble is the responsibility of people who enjoy literature. Seriously, fuck that florescent lighted half-toystore. Soon it's going to go under and then people will buy books from nice secondhand stores and Amazon
>>
Inherent Vice. Everything else is too pretentious.
>>
>>6396038

No, your responsibility is to buy superfluous copies of books you deem quality from other, preferably indie, bookstores.

Stealing from Barnes & Noble simply puts you at risk. They already account for thefts by setting aside a certain amount of profit for theft losses, and stealing books only encourages them to make up for it by selling stupid shit like 50 Shades of Grey board games and Simpsons bookmarks.
>>
>>6397156
Try Vineland.
>>
>>6396038
Got a question for you. How do you steal from Barnes and Noble if they have those scanny detector things at all the entrances that will go off if you takes dem buuks
>>
>>6397200
climb out through a window
>>
How's Vineland?
>>
I have to go with V.
>>
>>6394387
EpiC MeMe, bro.
So dank.
>>
>>6398300
Like Inherent Vice pretty much. FBI conspiracy, druggies and protestors, ex-old ladies, TV. I haven't quite finished it yet but so far I would say they're directly comparable and about equal in quality.

There are long expositional memories, though. Like multiple chapters in length. I've been learning about Prairie's mom for like 160 pages.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.