[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. Some great stuff, and it flows nicely for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Dubliners_title_page.jpg (77 KB, 498x780) Image search: [Google]
Dubliners_title_page.jpg
77 KB, 498x780
Just finished this. Some great stuff, and it flows nicely for a short story collection.

What's your favorite piece? Mine is probably A Painful Case or Counterparts.
>>
why don't you like Araby? It's the fucking best.
>>
Very patrician choices OP.
>>
I read that my first semester at semester undergrad along with Scarlet Letter, House of the Seven Gables, Nine Stories, Raise High the Roof Booms and Seymour an Introduction, Lolita, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, and On the Road the original scroll. That was my side reading along with a Shakespeare class where we read about seven plays, and another lit class.

It's been a while since I've read that much. I'm having this weird aversion to fiction at the moment but I'm assuming it's temporary.

I really enjoyed my time reading Dubliners but don't remember many specifics.

Thanks for reading my blog, brehs.
>>
>>7841750

Weird I was about to start this tonight but I started The Odyssey instead. I can't wait to read it.

>>7841929

I read Araby in high school and the last line has stayed with me to this day. It's an amazing short story.

>>7842046

God damn it why did i read this whole post. I learned nothing lol
>>
>>7841750
The Dead is in a class of its own. Other than that, I can never decide between Araby, Clay and A Painful Case. They're all great. The one about Irish local politics though went way over my head and I could never be bothered enough to look up the necessary background to understand what was going on.
>>
I like the one where that old man diddles those boys.

Or the one that mirrors dantes inferno/purgatorio/paradiso.
>>
>>7843526
An Encounter
>>
>>7843536
Yes, and the other is Grace
>>
>not the Dead

le contrarian face
>>
Araby, the Dead and the one with the failed writer
>>
>>7841929

maybe my favorite piece of writing, had a very similar experience to >>7842052 with it

my favorites are araby, counterparts, and obviously the dead. overall an amazing collection
>>
>>7843804
>the one with the failed writer

which one is that?
>>
Araby fucking broke me.
>>
>>7844164
Little Cloud, methinks.
>>
>>7843804
>>7844164

Yup. The one with Little Chandler. "If only he could do something to recall that feeling he had earlier on that bridge".

Also... Evelinn if you're serious about women. Araby if you're still living in a bubble of shitty female ideology.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.