[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art and Science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
This is genius. Please read it /lit/: http://www.scaruffi.com/science/artence.html
>>
>>7232305
Outside of rock music he's not really worth the read.
>>
Science should be eliminated.

>yeah, and you're posting from a computer

That's what proves my point, dumbass. I'd be dancing among young women in this nice tuesday night if it weren't for the science and the internet. But I'm a slave to technology and lost all ability to form significant human bonds.
>>
>>7232305
It's good but I don't know about genius. I was hoping it would have more content on the overlaps between art and science ie critique process, constructing models of observed reality. It's a bit light on history, too, explicitly goes over art in ancient times but only alludes to its status in the renaissance (to wit: painting was still considered a mechanical art, not a liberal one). The advent of linear perspective and the development of realist painting in tandem with the science of optics feel like they should be central here.

> Art, instead, has no progress, just change. You cannot say that Picasso was "progress" compared with Michelangelo.
On the other hand, Picasso could not have come before Michelangelo. Art does have sequential progression, one thing does build on another, even if we divorce this from progress as a comparative valuation.

>Art and science cause a fundamental change in the nature of reality itself, but the change caused by science is irreversible.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>7232348
wrote the most definitive poem on the foundations and culminations of genius. its simple and doesn't need to say too much. look it up its one of the poems he's written and I believe it is titled genius if im not mistaken.
>>
Not even good Autism core TBH
>>
>>7232305
for the most definitive placations on the subjects of art and science look no further than to embrace the spirit of the great greek sun-god, Apollo!
>>
>>7232335
>I'd be dancing among young women in this nice tuesday night if it weren't for the science and the internet. But I'm a slave to technology and lost all ability to form significant human bonds.
Do people actually believe this?
>>
>>7232374
Couldn't find it by that title. I gather he's a pretty successful rock critic too, but that doesn't make this particular essay better either.
>>
mu likes to quote him saying you should fuck 12 year olds
>>
>>7232335
I do both.

The real problem is work, that will kill the life in you.
>>
>>7232314
He's not worth the read in the context of rock music either. I wish my taste didn't line up so well with his.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.