[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Slavoj Žižek? I'm tired of reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
What does /lit/ think of Slavoj Žižek?

I'm tired of reading old ass philosophers from the 19th century and want to into someone alive today.
>>
>>6266507
Go watch his EGS lectures, always EGS with contemporary philosophy.
>>
>>6266507
>inb4 memeposts that try to mimic Zizek's idiosyncrasies
>inb4 one sentence Nietzscheesque "summaries" of Zizek
>inb4 that one /pol/tard says dumb shit and is ignored by everyone but one baiter who argue for 20 posts
>posters complain that nobody "gets" Zizek and try to seriously argue his views but offer nothing that matters

You already know how this thread will go
>>
just read badiou
>>
"Tiny white dicks and so on and so on"
>>
>>6266518
>inb4 memeposts that try to mimic Zizek's idiosyncrasies
Letsh make dee resht *sniff* of theesh three thish, my gott.
>>
lets be serious for a moment
>>
>>6266541
no
>>
Pretty entry level, funnest one alive, worth a shot. Try First as Tragedy, Then as Farce, it gives you pretty good idea on his ideas.
>>
Well he's definitely the undergrad's redpill so to speak.
He was for me back in 2007.
I don't wanna sound like a fucking hipster, but no one knew him at the time.
He kinda exploded after the whole Occupy-thing and from there on he is memesophy.

His book on Hegel is actually a must-have I find.
>>
>>6266524
Verso's recent Badiou books are very well-designed
>>
>>6266537
GET OUTTA TOWN
>>
has zizek commented on nietzsche
>>
>>6266514
http://www.egs.edu/faculty/slavoj-zizek/videos/
>>6266524
http://www.egs.edu/faculty/alain-badiou/videos/

Also check out Jacques Ranciere (who is unfortunately less discussed on /lit/ compared to Badiou and Zizek)
http://www.egs.edu/faculty/jacques-ranciere/videos/

and last of all check out the EGS youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/egsvideo

You can look for other talks and lectures in other places but EGS is top tier stuff where zizek actually brings out his theory unlike >>6266549
>>
>>6266566
>I don't wanna sound like a fucking hipster
This is the most like a hipster you could possibly sound.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRqPbwwYS0
>>
>>6266507
The fact that you can tire of ideas based on when said ideas were published, proves that not only have you not read "old ass" 19th century philosophy, but probably have never read any philosophy and just started this thread to stir up shitposting and memes about ideology
>>
>>6266507
Zizek is most interesting for his ability to back various viewpoints throughout his career. He's flip flopped a lot of times (especially on Marx, but for obvious reasons), but really looks to stir the pot more than anything. He's an incredible devil's advocate.

That said, he's so twitchy in lectures. It's hard to watch.
>>
>>6266573
https://www.ici-berlin.org/de/videos/slavoj-zizek-why-todestrieb-is-a-philosophical-concept/

It's there or somewhere in his public EGS lectures
>>
>>6266586
naw i just wanna read people who are commenting on 21st century shit ya god damn retard oh and by the way i've read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more philosphy than you and if you ever AND THE ROCK MEANS EVER disrespect me in front of my friends again i'll get in my car come to your house and teach your roody poo candy ass a lesson you'll never forget !@!!
>>
>"I'm tired of reading old ass philosophers from the 19th century and want to into someone alive today."
read as: i just want some obscure aphorisms to post intermittently on twitter and facebook to wow my peers
>>
>>6266605
read as: feeling is an unwarranted sense of superiority is the only way my dick can get even half-erect anymore
>>
>>6266538
good until the "thish", he would never say that

more "tingz"
>>
>>6266507
Hish cock shmelled of... cock. Thaht ish, faintly reminischent of shmegma with a hint of cheese. Brie, to be egshact. Thish ish what I have been redushed to; a homelesh mahn shucking brie schented cock for publicatshun in a newshpaper of which hash a following of perhapsh ten shenile old men.
>>
>>6266573

I think he said that he "doesn't like Nietzsche" but he still quotes Nietzsche here and there in his writings. He used the idea of active and passive nihilism in his article in response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre.
>>
A liberal, borderline fascist, who pretends to be a marxist for god know why.
>>
>>6266967
I didn't know Sean Connery browses /lit/?!
>>
>>6266566
His take on Hegel is garbage.
>>
>>6266538
The thing ish, and heresh the thing, we can never know *sniff* what we do not already know. That ish; in a world of *sniff* chaosh *sniffing continues* shuffering, and - more importantly - anarchical order *shirt pulling and sweating are audible* what we can expect ished very little indeed *His wife arrives, cleaning his forehead with a handkerchief*. Lacan *he pushes his arms outwards, and then pulls them back in* BUILTSHUCH a thing to be dreamt of *his head, once noticeably nodding is now furiously shaking* in a schtructure without centre - mucsh to Derridash' dishapointmentsh - *Zizek's limbs begin to fit uncontrollably; the camera is thrown to the floor and a witness cries for help.

A slow mummer of 'Hegel' is to be heard, as Zizek suffocates from a collapsed nasal passage*
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.