[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would /lit/ consider The Holders series to be? Or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 485x303
What would /lit/ consider The Holders series to be?

Or even SCP?

http://theholders.org/
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-series

I'm guessing maybe scifi fantasy horror mystery? Anyone know of actual series written by real authors that are similar to SCP and Holders?

I know it's mainly shit-tier fanfic writing but the actual premise and theme is what intrigues me.
>>
So this is a bait thread to post the best SCP pages right?

Out of the way edgy horror writer plebs.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-50-ae-j
>>
File: Ivan_The_Remover.jpg (22 KB, 429x645) Image search: [Google]
Ivan_The_Remover.jpg
22 KB, 429x645
The Holders is worse than SCP.
At least SCP has variety with its artifacts. Holders is "don't do this thing or you will go irreversibly insane and/or die horribly. Do this thing instead, which will also make you go irreversibly insane and/or die horribly." repeated ad nauseam, with writing that gets stale after the second artifact or whatever the hell they call those things.
SCP at least has the decency to do multiple things badly instead of just one over and over.
That being said, SCP is alright. Not every article is great, but there are some interesting ones and short stories floating around.
And it's definitely scifi horror.
>>
>>7836570
Where can I find more, better stories of a similar nature?

I'm guessing Lovecraft would be a good start but I'm honestly not sure
>>
>>7837655
You can check out the sites for the opposing factions of the SCPverse.
I know for a fact that the Global Occult Coalition has a site, and I think those Serpent whatever you call em's have one too.
Past that, there's Cabin In the Woods, which is basically Containment Breach the movie.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.