[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: it5RlpT.gif (2 MB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
it5RlpT.gif
2 MB, 400x350
Does /lit/ sometimes get curious about what the world looks like to powerful people, how their culture, social circles etc. are made up?

This anon is politely asking for books (does not have to be literature) on the topic. Yes I could go to /r/books, but instead of some affiliate marketers I wanted to ask you. I am especially not asking for fiction though because the perspective I want to gain should be as close to reality as possible - whether it is the world of high-end lawyers, investment bankers, politicians, criminals or just rich people in general does not matter.

Something in the vein of "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene would also fit the bill I guess.
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 313x499
The Theory of the Leisure Class
>>
Rich, powerful people are boring and universally too stupid even to realize that they benefit from their wicked cool social networks, and too stupid to cultivate the POWER ELITE culture on anything other than an unconscious level, as evidenced by the fact that they're all turning their kids into spoiled Tumblr-using duds. High end lawyers in particular are all jobbers who think they're part of a cultural elite when that's only barely true if they're from a metropole and then they're still considered nouveau riche.

If you ever want to kill yourself, get in good with someone whose parents are millionaires, then meet that kid's friends and peers. Find out cool things like: The way to raise a good kid who will pass the SATs you've forced him to take 7 times is to let them have a limitless credit card and go on lavish vacations every time they skin their knee! America's aristocracy is universally a bunch of braindead hedonistic hipsters who care about Twitter hashtags! If that experience doesn't quite push you over, go to a charity event or mixer, or get invited to the country club. Bring your chosen suicide method with you for that one. You will need it.

It's completely unconscious. For how well they actually do groom their kids to get through the institutions, for how much money they're willing to dump onto their brats, it's pretty amazing how formulaic it is. They don't sit there and AUGMENT THEIR EMPIRES. All but the top 0.01% are basically nigger rich, bourgeois Gatsby garbage to the core. It was disappointing to find out.
>>
>>7831968
downloaded.

>>7831977
Well, this is not as infuriating as it fills me with hope - but still, got any in-depth writing?
>>
>>7831968
someone should write The Leisure of the Theory Class
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.