[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WWII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: swastika.jpg (20 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
swastika.jpg
20 KB, 400x360
Any recommendations for introductory level books on WWII? Preferably something that isn't obscenely biased. Every time I'm directed to a book half the reviews are praise and the other half are about bias. I just want a book that isn't going to simply tell me that Hitler is evil. So, any recommendations, /lit/?
>>
File: 51nrsorYK7L.jpg (42 KB, 313x500) Image search: [Google]
51nrsorYK7L.jpg
42 KB, 313x500
>>7830169
this is breddy gud
>>
The rise and fall of the third Reich is the best. Extremely thorough and interesting.
>>
>>7830254
>Major Dick
This can't be real. I'll check it out though

>>7830264
This is one of the books I was referred to. Looked promising but then I found out the German author was actually an American journalist and I read quite a few reviews that mentioned bias. Also, many reviews were those of the average Hitler-hating American spouting bullshit about how Hitler and the Nazi Party were pure evil. Doesn't sound like an unbiased read unfortunately.
>>
File: Potholder_deluxe_sm.jpg (24 KB, 305x200) Image search: [Google]
Potholder_deluxe_sm.jpg
24 KB, 305x200
Evan's Trilogy is the most well respected work on the Third Reich at this time.

>>7830337
If you keep reading academic works that say Hitler has some real problems with fundamental human morality and was definitely involved in the Final Solution, and are having a hard time finding academic works that state otherwise, you should consider either that the current academic consensus based on available data is that Hitler was a maniacal tyrant who murdered millions by his charisma and orders, or that there is a worldwide conspiracy to silence academics and forge interviews and documents by major public figures. If you find the second to be more likely, I would suggest you end your study of history and take up something more your speed, pic related.

Hitler notwithstanding, reading to confirm your bias is babyboomer watching fox news tier.
>>
>>7830925
relax
>>
>>7830254
>Major dick winters
kek
>>
>>7830169
>>>/his/
>>
>>7831353
I think you mean
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7830169
History is written by the winners. Go to gernamy, they teach you the holocaust wasn't actually that bad. Go to japan, they teach you the americans attacked first.
>>
Degrelle
Bardèche
>>
>>7831823
>Go to gernamy, they teach you the holocaust wasn't actually that bad.
Americans really are retarded
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.