[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is it REALLY hard to understand what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: heraclitus.jpg (5 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
heraclitus.jpg
5 KB, 247x204
Is it just me or is it REALLY hard to understand what the fuck the presocratics are saying? Am I trying to read too much into them? Do I need to teach myself classical greek?
>>
>>7823568
m8 i fully understood anaximander when i was 8, try not to be such a pleb near me
>>
>>7823568
>Is it just me or is it REALLY hard to understand what the fuck the presocratics are saying?

be honest with us are you having trouble understanding their words and ideas or the ideas and words modern philosophers have written and attributed to them?
>>
>>7823801
The words are clear of course, it's just that I don't really see the depth people read into them. Like I read Heraclitus and watched a lecture on youtube about him and while his core points are pretty obvious and accessible without any outside exposition (world is always changing, the process of change is what the world is ultimately made up of, justice is defined by its inverse, generally pessimistic outlook, presages stuff like Stoicism, ect) but yeah, I just don't get how or even why people read so much more into this.
>>
>>7823827
>I just don't get how or even why people read so much more into this.

Because they use those concepts as a foundation and take them to their logical conclusion.

Its the same way that people get calculus from 1+1
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.