[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you find out if you were canon or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: canon.jpg (99 KB, 1366x659) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
99 KB, 1366x659
pic related
>>
>>7830016
How does Amazon's ad thing work?
>>
>>7830020
The parameters are more or less

1. By interest or by specific books (by interest shows up on the website and on kindles, specific books only show up on the website itself)
2. Your cost per click
3. Quick rollout or smooth rollout (smooth supposedly lets the ad run its full length while quick makes it pop up ASAP, there's some other mumbo jumbo about whether it's available on Kindle or only on the website involved in this as well)

The minimum budget they'll take is $100, they only charge you for what's spent (based on how many clicks there are) and you can cancel it at any time.
>>
>>7830031
Also, you can run a $100 budget ad at 50 cents per click, meaning you'd be paying 100 bucks for 200 clicks assuming you actually run through all your allotted funds by the end date you set.
>>
>>7830042
Another thing I forgot to mention, is that there are a bunch of clauses in terms of what kind of content is and isn't acceptable for ads to be run, but odds are, if they accepted your book (and they'll accept practically anything), they'll accept your ad.
>>
>>7830016
They actually approved that?
>>
roberto pinchas! my favorite /lit/ author i haven't read but keep seeing in threads
shoulda got your book while it was free desu

didnt you post a picture of your toilet recently? there was like, carona or pringles or something in frame?
>>
>>7830072
Yeah, it took 3 days but they did.

>>7830080
2 coronas at a train station restroom. I also put my bank statement with fickt nicht mit der racketemensch written on it in the toilet.
>>
>self proclaimed literary masterpiece
wow how did the book learn to talk?
>>
File: IMG.jpg (568 KB, 1728x2880) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
568 KB, 1728x2880
>>7830100
It's a direct quote from the book.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-19 21-10-00.jpg (176 KB, 1366x690) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-19 21-10-00.jpg
176 KB, 1366x690
>>7830103
Here's a clearer shot from the word doc since my camera sucks.
>>
File: ranking.jpg (147 KB, 1366x693) Image search: [Google]
ranking.jpg
147 KB, 1366x693
current ranking
>>
File: CSqgCcBWIAAsd4K.jpg-large.jpg (77 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
CSqgCcBWIAAsd4K.jpg-large.jpg
77 KB, 768x1280
>>7830080
>>7830097
The pic in question
>>
>>7830386
so what are you doing drinking in a train station flushing your bank statement down the toilet while you lug a copy of your book around?
>>
>>7830455
That picture was a prop for a (rather abortive) attempt at a viral marketing campaign from October.
>>
>>7830481
what's your book about? how many sales have you made so far?
>>
>>7830130
keked
reminds me of venom and eternity
>>
>>7830505
A real summary:

The "main character" dies in the prologue and the rest of the book is a series of 32 other people and 2 online groups reacting to/being affected by the death across 40 chapters and a fictional afterword. Each chapter is named after the person, online group, or thing it's about.

The summary I'm using on amazon:

An experimental novel best described as late-night channel surfing through the mind of a homeless man. A highly inaccurate portrait of life in New York City during 2015. You'll find that no one in this book is sane or acts anything like an actual human being would. The situations portrayed run the gamut from the somewhat implausible to the entirely absurd. Don't trust a word of it. This description might be lying to you too in some way or another.

It may also be read as a mystery. The mystery being: what's the point of it all?
>>
>>7830549
This sounds awesome man, I'll check it out.
Like a folk-punk Savage Detectives
>>
>>7830555
Is Bolano any good? I only read part of Monsieur Pain and it was ok but I wasn't blown away or anything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.