[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this UNREADABLE I just finished my first novella, its on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: everythings fake cover.jpg (86 KB, 798x1314) Image search: [Google]
everythings fake cover.jpg
86 KB, 798x1314
Is this UNREADABLE

I just finished my first novella, its only about 100 pages long so Im just going to self publish, im not expecting any great returns but if i can get my story out there and make a few fans that would be fun.

Its about a talent agent who hires attractive girls to make youtube videos posing as video game/comic/anime reviewers with manic pixie dreamgirl personas

Here is the first chapter

(i gave it to a friend to read and he said it had a bunch of errors and stuff in it and needs to be heavily edited, I went over it again and again and I can't see what hes talking about, do i just suck that much??)

http://pastebin.com/6rntaqzU
>>
line 32. "firs"
line 83. "that which teenagers are want to do."

those are the blatant errors that I caught... there could be more

some of the dialogue is a little clunky, a little forced and unnatural. like when the texan says "...faster than an african at a klan meeting". it would be good, i think, to just leave it as "shitting missles" which was funny.

also, halfway through their conversation, the main character realizes he's got about an hour before his flight, then in what would take about 2 minutes, realizes his flight is about to board? the timing is a little... unatural... not sure if that's the best way to put it

it's a bit rough but totally not un-readable... i actually really like where this is heading. it could use some editing, sure, but really what book/piece by an author in infancy doesn't

im REALLY interested in reading the rest actually... can you e-mail me the whole thing maybe? i'll read it over and give you more feedback if you'd like
>>
Change that cover, looks way too played out.
I can make you one for free if you are interested since I'm bored
>>
Don't publish, even self publish, a work you have just finished. You need space from it. You have spent so long inspecting its minute details that you can't see the whole properly. If you give it a month and reread it you will see so many glaring problems that you can't see now.
>>
>>7828957
sure man definitely im loading it up to drop box right now
>>
File: galvantula.jpg (13 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
galvantula.jpg
13 KB, 300x229
https://www.dropbox.com/s/igib30kjwysk1d8/TOKYO%20INTERNATIONAL%20AIRPORT.doc?dl=0

here is the whole book, about 100 pages in Microsoft office

email me at [email protected]
>>
>>7828890
it isn't bad but the texan is pretty cliche and he infodumps too much
>>
>>7828989
couldn't agree more
>>
>>7829011
>email me at [email protected]
i hope that's a throw-away e-mail, anon.
>>
I only read first bit of this

You describe color far too much. And it seems not even in an interesting of meaningful way. It feels almost that there will be some revelation later with color.

Ofc I didn't read much past the first few paragraphs, but is that forced color aspect intentional?
>>
>>7828890
>it had a bunch of errors and stuff
fuck him, a book is more solid if i see some errors. i want the author, not the editor
>>
>>7828890
not gonna read it all, too drunk, but i like a book heavy on dialogue. but you still need some thats not, create a world. otherwise just write a fucking screenplay
>>
>>7829735
>fuck him, a book is more solid if i see some errors. i want the author, not the editor
There is no reason the author can't correct errors.
I think you probably mean that editing the personality out of something is a bad thing, but to say a book is more solid if you see errors is just strange.
>>
>>7828890
>Johnny Vincent grabs his wrinkled, dark-blue suit jacket from the seat next to him.
>comma between interchangeable adjectives
>dark-blue hyphenated because it's acting as a modifier

>and it's brand spelled out in bold, green, Japanese kanji.
>it is brand spelled out in bold, green, Japanese kanji.

>Al Jazeria
>Is this intentional?

>Johnny didn't care about his own country's news, why the hell would he care about another's.
>What comes at the end of a question?

I grow bored of this OP. Your friend is right.
>>
>>7829178

gonna have to agree here.

my parents are both from Texas... most people aren't don't have an absolutely exaggerated personality, especially not those that I'm to believe have engineering abilities enough to have international defense contracts
>>
>>7828890
not the first time you post this here, is it

either that or someone else it was who used the same title and cover and couldn't proofread any
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.