[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he (as in the author, Stephen King) mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: The_Stand_Uncut.jpg (56 KB, 401x599) Image search: [Google]
The_Stand_Uncut.jpg
56 KB, 401x599
What did he (as in the author, Stephen King) mean by this?
>>
He meant to show that he is capable of completing a 15 year old project of his that he really should have just abandoned.

Kind of like those guys who can throw beer kegs full of concrete around. No reason to do it, isn't even very impressive to watch....but they sure did a lot of hard work to do it.
>>
he meant what he said
>>
>>7807342
>Kind of like those guys who can throw beer kegs full of concrete around. No reason to do it, isn't even very impressive to watch....but they sure did a lot of hard work to do it.
they dont fill kegs with concrete, they just fill it with water. i used to do strongman. its all about the competition. its like doing the most useful workout, trying to work on practical muscles (although i dont imagine myself throwing stuff over my head often). olympic lifting is a sport, strongman is a job, and bodybuilding is an art form (or it used to be). i dont lift anymore, i just drink
>>
>>7807363
>meathead alcie
>reads stephen king

sounds about right.
>>
>>7807363
>they dont fill kegs with concrete, they just fill it with water. i used to do strongman. its all about the competition.

Wow, thanks for the fucking info. Really showed me a thing or two. Let me revise my statement.

>Kind of like those guys who can throw beer kegs full of water around. No reason to do it, isn't even very impressive to watch....but they sure did a lot of hard work to do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 505x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 505x343
>>raping a homeless man with a gun
Verr naice
>>
>>7807392
i dont read steven king, and if you read the post i also dont lift religiously anymore.
>>7807985
what part of my post made you take it as an attack against you?
>Really showed me a thing or two
shit, what made you so sensitive? and yes, you can take that as an insult.
>No reason to do it
>i just said its for the competitions
why do you read?
>>
>>7807307
I've never actually read a SK novel all the way through before, is this an okay place to start? I like thick dick, I mean books.
>>
>>7807307
Couldn't finish this piece of shit it was so bad.
>>
i think the rule of thumb when it comes to King is the longer the work the worse it is, except for The Green Mile, which was originally published in 100 or so page segments like old Dickens books, and therefore he couldn't fuck up the ending all that much.
>>
>>7808267
no man, this is one his shittiest in my honest opinion. The book I liked the most was Lisey's Story, but the best place to start might be Misery or The Shining.
>>
>>7807342
>>7807363
>>7807392
>>7807985
>>7808046

you guys are such fucking fags :^)
>>
>>7808335
that's a generally good rule. His short stuff can be fun if you aren't too serious to enjoy it. His longer "project" books.........yikes
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.