[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that feel when self proclaimed philosopher >that feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: of dust, to dust.jpg (82 KB, 665x535) Image search: [Google]
of dust, to dust.jpg
82 KB, 665x535
>that feel when self proclaimed philosopher
>that feel when writing
>that feel when reading your own writing
>think its constantly shit
>that feel when stumbling upon ancient philosophers and modern philosophers writings and teachings
>they are reflections and exact images of your own writings
>that feel when never having read any books of famous philosophers
>dont read at all

am i an autistic savant in the way of philosophy? I am not trained in any school of thinking, but no matter how many ancients i see my writings and thinking are always exactly what they have said and written, regardless of their schools of philosophy. I have created it all in my own mind.
>>
>>7798123
You are interpreting them in the light of your own biases.
>>
>>7798147
>In this poem, Parmenides describes two views of reality. In "the way of truth" (a part of the poem), he explains how reality (coined as "what-is") is one, change is impossible, and existence is timeless, uniform, necessary, and unchanging. In "the way of opinion," he explains the world of appearances, in which one's sensory faculties lead to conceptions which are false and deceitful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmenides

i have said exactly this in my own words in an elaborate manner. This is one of many instances that i can recall having similarities to famous philosophers.
>>
>>7798153
Have you considered how to defend said stance? Because Parmenides is usually contrasted with Heraclitus and the matter is far from settled, even today.

In any case, anticipating the ancients isn't that impressive since they start from thoughts that most people have at some point in their lives, even if they don't develop them. I remember anticipating Plato's forms as a teenager, although not nearly as explicitly as Plato.
>>
>>7798147
bingo

This literally happens to everyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 578x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 578x800
>>7798123
>>7798147

"There are scholars for whom the history of philosophy (both ancient and modern) is philosophy itself... Unfortunately, nothing can be said which, in their opinion, has not been said before, and truly the same prophecy applies to all future time; for since the human reason has for many centuries speculated upon innumerable objects in various ways, it is hardly to be expected that we should not be able to discover analogies for every new idea among the old sayings of past ages."

- Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics, Preface
>>
>that feel when never having read any books of famous philosophers
>dont read at all
This is basically what I'm going through right now. I had been dealing with this idea and philosophy that I couldn't figure out how to express and only recently found that Society of the Spectacle comes pretty close to what I had discovered myself.

Only now I'm not sure where to go because I've barely done any reading of literature in my life. But I've done a lot of thinking and observing.
>>
>>7798153
Start with the critique of pure reason, Kant explains the relation between "appearances" and the "thing-in-itself" with eloquence and depth. Go from there. There isn't any good reason to invent the wheel again, especially when what has already been built has been built so beautifully. When you get to the end of philosophy use that intellect of yours to add some knowledge to the world.
>>
>>7798123
This sounds almost exactly like
>I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.
>>
>>7798642
I thought the same thing.

Darqwolff seems to have owned it, though. Which is pretty impressive.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.