[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAN FEEL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS COMING HELP ME LADS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Two Satyrs.jpg (162 KB, 1021x1351) Image search: [Google]
Two Satyrs.jpg
162 KB, 1021x1351
RECC COMFY BOOKS THAT WILL SAVE ME

>i dont want to feel this feel
>>
Nothing can save you.
>>
Immersive/fun books to distract
>Watership Down
>Hobbit / Tolkien
>Narnia
>The Black Company
>John le Carre (can be a bit depressing)
>Gene Wolfe

Books to find meaning if the usual existential shit doesn't work
>Emerson's Essays / On Nature / + American Transcendentalism in general
>Tennyson (In Memoriam)
>Western mysticism in general
>>
>>7789609
be a man and embrace it. then, again, you're almost certainly just another troll that doesn't even understand what the term existential means, so...
saged
>>
Let it consume you, embrace it then read In the Buddha's Words.
>>
I have had an existential crisis for the past two years. My friend killed himself. I started to think about metaphysics; the higher meaning of it all: why am I here?

I have tried to become a Christian for the past year or so. I can not make myself to believe in a God, but I am still very attracted to having a religion to lean on, and I like the traditions that comes with it.

Before this I just lived life and was pretty happy. Now I'm stuck in a loop of contradictions, changing my views every other day.

FML.
>>
File: 18386.jpg (20 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
18386.jpg
20 KB, 317x475
>>7789609
These things come and go.

Most people get over it by doing literally nothing.

Try to remember a time when you felt completely at peace with the beauty of the world.

Maybe a hiking trip, a bike ride etc.

Those memories kept me going. I live to witness the beauty of nature.

The Death of Ivan Ilyich sends some into it, but for me it helps. The ending was, for me, extremely uplifting and beautiful.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.