[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think Jacques Lacan would say about dudes with waifus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 13
File: Lacan-anarchy.gif (224 KB, 700x498) Image search: [Google]
Lacan-anarchy.gif
224 KB, 700x498
What do you think Jacques Lacan would say about dudes with waifus?
>>
i only go on this board...what exactly is a waifu? what does it mean to "have" a waifu?
>>
File: cringewaifupolygamy.jpg (69 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
cringewaifupolygamy.jpg
69 KB, 500x658
>>5534556
A cartoon character girlfriend, basically.
>>
Some silly bullshit scarcely worth note.
>>
>>5534550
some obscure jargon that only makes sense to zizek
>>
>>5534567
>>5534683
Explain pls.
>>
>>5534564
>A pillow case with an already cummed over little girl
>Even if this is staged someone printed that.
>>
>>5535055
>with an already cummed over little girl
holy fuck
>>
>>5534550
"420 blaze it, faggot!" - Lacan seminar IIX
>>
>>5535055
>>5535059
Lolicon is legal.
>>
>>5535175
He payed for a pre cummed pillow case.
>>
>>5535055

This.

>having multiple waifus
>having an impure waifu

Absolute trash.
>>
ITT: people who have never been on /b/.
>>
>>5534550
I wrote a thesis for my phd on lacan.

The waifu for him would be the perfect object of desire for the obsessive because it has no real, it is a purely imaginary trapping object.

The obsessive is he who wants to reduce the object of desire to one part without having to deal with the messy whole.

The perfect example is the man who fucks only prostitutes because real relationships are too much of a burden.
>>
>>5535335
Everyone starts in /b/ and then moves on.
>>
>>5535355
i came from reddit to /pol/
>>
>>5535355
I started on /a/ from SA. /b/ has more in common with rebbit and 9fag than 4chan.
>>
>>5535359
Then you should spend a week in /b/ to get correctly inseminated. Also watch 2girls1cup, 1guy1cup and lemonparty and you'll be fine.
Or enciclopedia dramatica's shock page, that should get you more than ready.
>>
>>5535359
>>5535368
>>5535370
Just checked and /b/ doesn't seem to be what it used to be. I guess there are too many boards to make the containment one worthwile. Last time I checked was a couple of years ago and it was mostly what /s4s/ is now.
>>
>>5535354

I'm a Lacanian and I endorse this message.
>>
Lacan was a tryhard bitch ass.
>>
What would Lacan say about /pol/ making Ebola-chan it's waifu?
>>
>>5535354
THIS
>>
>>5535354
This is actually a good answer.
>>
>>5534550
>waifus on a philosophy thread
No.
>>
>>5535354
This is so simple even my mom would say the same thing..
>>
>tfw I used to make fun of waifu-people on the internet but I'm starting to become one due to my excessive loneliness.
It makes me slightly uncomfortable. I imagine what it'd be like to spend time with her.
>>
>>5535540
It's only scary depending if your waifu is a shit or not
>>
File: fireemblem1.jpg (92 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
fireemblem1.jpg
92 KB, 640x383
>>5535547
I don't think she's a shit.
>>
>>5535550
I have no idea what game that is
She is a shit
>>
File: Tsundere Heidegger.jpg (63 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
Tsundere Heidegger.jpg
63 KB, 338x500
Is my waifu shit? If only their 3DPD counterpart wasn't a wrinkly old guy in most of his pictures..
>>
File: verdade.png (1 MB, 641x697) Image search: [Google]
verdade.png
1 MB, 641x697
>>5535354
>purely imaginary trapping object

As someone with a waifu, i'd say that there is no escape from this. When you love a 3DPD female, you're also in love with a "purely imaginary trapping object" which is a projection of her that only exists in our mind.

The "messy whole" part is correct, dealing with a 3DPD will always lead to suffering because the stimuli gathered from her behavior will challenge the projection of her that exists in our mind. With waifus, 2D girls that exist solely in our mind, we don't have such a problem.
>>
>>5535588
Suffering and adversity make existence worthwhile. If this weren't true we would not detest the junkie.
>>
File: fuck pure.png (78 KB, 180x300) Image search: [Google]
fuck pure.png
78 KB, 180x300
superior waifu coming through
>>
>>5535597
Not that anon but I don't detest the junkie.
Actually I think that people detest the junkie because they are jealous of them. They are jealous that they can make that choice and have the strength or the means to live that very difficult life but incredibly pleasurable.

Because you see people don't become junkies not because the junkie avoids suffering and his life is meaningless, they don't become junkies because it's a hard as shit life and they know that they can't make it.

I mean think about it: you need a lot of money to sustain your habits but most of the time you are too tired to have a job. That's not an easy situation. Sure it's pleasurable as fuck and probably snorting or shooting is the best thing you can ever do, but how much can you keep it up?
Much better to have a steady job and mild pleasures that won't ruin your life.
Yet with how much envy this choice comes, because they know or imagine what pleasures are on the other side.
>>
>>5535610
>anal
>>
>>5535525
>implying your mom uses these terms
>>
File: cringewaifu2.png (409 KB, 436x372) Image search: [Google]
cringewaifu2.png
409 KB, 436x372
>>5535523
You're on 4chan dude.
>>
>>5535635
>most like an actual highschool romance tier
Emi
>patrician tier
Rin
>most desirable mate tier
Lilly
>shops at dented can tier
Hanako
>shit nigger what are you doing
Shizune
>>
>>5535047
okay. these are people who haven't read lacan
>>
I wanna try reading Lacan.
But I feel like I would waste my time by not reading more poignant philosophy than a frog showboating.
>>
>>5535650
I like Lilly because she is basically a mother figure.
>>
>>5535647
We draw the line. Take that Chinese cartoon bed set back to >>>/hd/ Home Decore
>>
File: feel bro.png (26 KB, 642x539) Image search: [Google]
feel bro.png
26 KB, 642x539
>tfw my therapist is a Lacanian and has no issue with me engaging in the occult
>>
>>5535679
>lacanian therapist
where tf are u getting analyzed?
>>
>>5535679
Holy fuck. I want a lacanian therapist too. Where you be at bro?
>>
>>5535679
why would any therapist have an issue with you engaging with the occult? It's all bs anyway.
>>
>>5534683
Is Zizek truly lacanian tho? He seems closer to Althusser (including the Stalinism) than Lacan.
>>
File: Slavoj.jpg (17 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
Slavoj.jpg
17 KB, 300x350
>mfw the Real
>>
>>5535668
ehhh lacan is good but you got to have a taste for it.

What reading lacan gave me is the best comprehension of the subject I got from any philosopher or writer.

Once you get it his philosophy is like hegel + proust on meth.
>>
File: baphomet incese.gif (2 MB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
baphomet incese.gif
2 MB, 300x222
>>5535692

Yeah that's exactly why.
>>
>>5535679
How does someone find a psychoanalyst instead of a pat-you-on-the-ass therapist?
>>
>>5535668
>analyticfag detected
>>
>>5535711

>implying a STEM degree isn't god tier contribootin to society
>>
>>5535695
No. Zizek is more like Lacan + Hegel + Marx.
>>
>>5535719
>implying Russell and Popper are mandatory reading for any STEM major.
>>
>>5535711
>>>/x/

/x/ - Theology and continental philosophy.
>>
>>5535711
>dat image
>>
>>5535695
Althusser and Lacan were best buds and worked off of each other a lot. In The Future Lasts Forever, Althusser mentions Lacan a lot.
>>
>>5535724
That board is entirely christfags now.
>>
>>5535722

>implying Russell and Popper aren't STEM spergshit trojan horses
>>
Fuck Lacan.
Fuck Postmodernism.
Fucking reason the humanities and social sciences are full of pseudoscientific bullshit and all discussion is regulated to "muh feelz."
Fuck these people so much.
>>
>>5535851
>Lacan
>PoMo
Wrong number, bud.
>>
>>5535851
But that's not true, it's certainly not Lacan and other post-structuralists fault if the humanities in the american academia is such shit.

If you want to look who is guilty of that look at how tenure is given and how they were basically giving it to everyone with a phd in the 60s and 70s because the humanities were booming with students and the universities wanted to make a quick buck and needed professors no matter how good they were.

And now those hacks are the one who choose the net generation. And there are plenty of hacks both in the analytic tradition and in the continental.
>>
>>5535874
Analytic philosophy is far more bullshitty. Formal logic only tells you that the conclusions follow from the premises. It leaves no space for anything else.

My ex studied philosophy at Oxford and told me the stuff they discussed in class. You basically had to define words and concepts by envisioning a group of people who exist without a social context, and come up with how they would define "knowledge", "freedom", "virtue", etc. It's 100% bullshit.
>>
>>5535874
cosigning this post
>>
>>5535900

>mfw my second year logic class devoted two whole weeks to the question 'how many grains of sand make a pile?'

Agree with you 100%. Fuck Analytics.
>>
>>5535900
some of it, it is good though, but I agree with you, whenever it gets its small pen and tries to deal society at large they just deal by imagining scenarios that have no correspondence with reality or by justifying the status quo.
>>
>>5535913
That's exactly the problem.

Almost all the people I know, including my ex, would refuse to take a die-hard position on things like societal issues. It's because he didn't understand how society functions as a whole, or how social structures manifest themselves, or how human beings are not 100% rational all the time (the idea of high irrationality scares the shit out of him). They claim PoMos are wishy-washy liberals but analytics are 50x worse in that regard.
>>
>>5535695
Zizek's thoughts on ideology are much closer to Lacan than Althusser.
>>
File: surprise.jpg (25 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
surprise.jpg
25 KB, 319x400
>>5534564
why does this exist?
>humanity is over
>>
>>5535985
It's called hyperreality, son.
>>
>>5535900
>envisioning a group of people who exist without a social context
So, it's like make-believe?
>>
>>5534550
same thing he always says:
>objet petit a
>>
>>5536025
No comprehendre francais
>>
>>5536030
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objet_petit_a
>coming into a psychoanalysis thread with this level of ignorance
>>
>>5535711
This is actually a perfect representation of what analytic tradition is.
>>
Something something word salad something something indiscinerable psychoanalytical jargon
>>
>>5535059
that may be kefir, japanese girls are clumsy when they drink
you shouldn't challenge her chastity for little to no reason
>>
>>5535992
More like hyper beta
>>
>>5536102
No. That's a real term us PoMos use.
>>
>>5536103
Yes, and the rest of the world call you betas.
>>
Goddamnit, this thread was suppose to be about Lacan. How you get stuck on pillow girls?
>>
>>5536143
Read the OP. They're asking about Lacan's hypothetical view on waifus.
>>
>>5535354
Nailed it. The partial object, le petit object a.
>>
>>5535851
Is that you, Camille?
>>
>>5535354
This.

Now comes the question: what would Foucault say about dudes with waifus?
>>
>>5534550
is that shit coming out of lacan's mouth in the pic?
>>
>>5535706
Back in the 1960s. Seriously though, I've looked everywhere and haven't found one. I live in a very large city.
>>
>>5535985
so new
so sweet
>>
>>5534564
fyi this guy makes ridiculous cash working for a swiss bank
>>
>>5537561

Foucault would say, "Why masturbate to a 2D waifu when you can tie me up and extract the AIDS from my boypussy? Oui oui."
>>
>>5537694
have you tried googling "city name psychoanalysis"
I find it hard to believe that there's no psychoanalysis in a major city.
>>
>>5537561
Something about how it's a manifestation of power relations. Lacan's opinions would be more interesting.
>>
>>5535720
A large part of Lacan's theory was Marxist, so not really.
>>
>>5536016
Analytics think that continentals have resigned from reality through their overcomplicated way of presentation. Continentals say that analytics ahve resigned from reality through they oversimplified way.
>>
>>5537561
Foucault would totally get it and see it as an expression of rebellion against prescribed standards
>>
>>5537731
>have you tried googling "city name psychoanalysis"
I read the first line and thought this was some advanced psychogeography shenanigans :^(
>>
>>5537728
Foucault was known to be always the top and never the bottom.
>>
Psychoanalysis power rankings

>God tier
Freud

>Good tier
Winnicott
A. Freud
Auglanier

>meh tier
Lacan fucking shits
Klein

>fucking retarded shit tier
Jung
>>
>>5534550
>The inner vacuity of the symbolic experienced by the so called otaku is superseded by the point of conjecture dressed up as a masquerade purporting a regressive fantasy that seems like, for a lack of a better word, a certain coagulation of theoretic restrictions, or ligaments, or puerile meta-fictions, that embody themselves, or project unto what they interpret through the lense of a certain japanophilia as the so called waifu phenomenon, what we signify in the psychoanaltytic discourse as s(a)->S/phi.

- Jacques Lacan
>>
>>5537848
>noticeable unpersoning of those charged with morals breaches
>except for jung who didn't rek anything like the truly insane reich
>includes anna
This is the most mainstreamed the koolaid thing I've seen all day, and I'm pretty sure someone said Marxism works on paper in another thread. Good list for what a hard line definition believes.
>>
>>5537848

>Jung is retarded because it's spiritual and spiritual means bullshit

Keep tipping.
>>
>Argenfag from Buenos Aires
>studying psuchology
>here it's hard to find a therapist that is not Lacanian
>>
File: average anime fan.jpg (430 KB, 2048x1357) Image search: [Google]
average anime fan.jpg
430 KB, 2048x1357
>>5534564
>you will never be melon-pan
>>
>>5537876
Jung is retarded because his metapsychology is a clusterfuck that makes no sense, and didn't developed from a dynamic and economic point very much.
>>
>>5535354
>phd on lacan

Why?
>>
>>5537898

It's far more empirical than any of the self-referential bs of Freud's other acolytes.

>durr dats anecdotal

Alright mr. death drive.
>>
>>5537836
Really? I had him down as a total bottom.
>>
>>5537933
>far more empirical

No, it's not. He was a little shit that couldn't get away from phenomenical events to derive a solid theoretical corpus
>>
>>5536102
>beta
>melon pan
haha, no
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCSVVUSE9w
>>
>>5537863
That's not how Lacan talks nor write.

If you want to make it a parody make it proper:

>You will forgive me now, to introduce way too late, a topic that I have already announced in a certain conference where some of you, I can see your faces, were present. The problem, which as analysts, the question of our position, of where we stand in front of the analysands' question for a cure, is that, as so often happens, of that particular question market that we can't avoid and we have been speaking for numerous years now: the question of desire.
But first I'll tell you about this anecdote that one of two of you might already know. It was during one of my travels in Japan, that I met this phenomenon that they call otaku. Otaku means your house, and that should be enough to make our attuned years to raise in attention. This otaku people, it so appears, define yourself by entering into maturity by taking up what they call a waifu. Prof. Levi-Strauss, who is seating right here, maybe will give us a little talk on our next lecture on the ritualistic implications of these objects. A waifu is like a pillow, but it is not made so you can sit on it. When you put it on a chair it takes the place, it is a place holder, like the dead in the game of whist. Being at dinner at one of this your house people at his house, I hurried up to feel with my possessions, before dinner, with my possession while he was in the kitchen. When he came back he didn't know where to sit, so I pointed out the chair where his waifu was and told him "Please, sit on your desire."
>>
>>5537917
Why not? It was fun
>>
>>5535525
>implying your mom is not a Lacanian
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.