[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, could you suggest me which one of these books should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: whichone.png (627 KB, 960x645) Image search: [Google]
whichone.png
627 KB, 960x645
Hey /lit/, could you suggest me which one of these books should I read first and why?

The last books I read were:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Lord of The Flies
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Invisible Monsters (meh)
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Crime and Punishment
>>
>>7754342
I dont know.
>>
>>7754342
On the Road, without a doubt. Get off the computer and go read it, right now. Preferably with a pot of coffee nearby and outside somewhere, and if not, then in an overstuffed armchair in a small apartment with a cigarette in hand.
>>
I'd go with Slaughterhouse-Five. Why? Because it's short and easy to read, for one, but also because it's a good introduction to Vonnegut if you're into that sort of philosophical/fantastical style. With some of these other books (Brothers K., Don Quixote, The Stranger) you'd need preferably two things: a decent amount of knowledge surrounding their historical contexts and a group with which to discuss them. Those are definitely books that warrant hours of discussion, and are sort of wasted if picked up as casual reads. Vonnegut's writing is more accessible and remains thought-provoking to some extent, but it's also an interesting story.
>>
The Godfather movie is better.
>>
Read the crying of lot 49 or karamazov, stop reading reddit books
>>
>>7754342
The Great Gatsby is quite an easy book to read and extremely fun and comfy. It is the book that really made reading a hobby for me.
>>
>>7754447
>>7754355
>>7754346
OP here, thanks for the nice replies anon.
I am not necessarely looking for a comfy/fun book, I would like a book that when finished leaves you that feeling of satisfaction and "change" inside you if it reveals to be comfy and fun even better. It happened recenlty with Crime and Punishment for example, but even with Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy (in a different way).
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.