[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jim's paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (6 KB, 230x144) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6 KB, 230x144
Tried to post this on music but obtained nothing, not sure what the right board would be.

I'd be interested in Jim Morrison' s paper on the sexual neuroses of crowds. Is there any possible way that a poor fellow can get ahold of it, or is it lost forever in the pages of time?

Google searches delivered nothing.
>>
>>7736938
>Jim Morrison' s paper on the sexual neuroses of crowds
I wasn't aware that such thing ever existed, I hope someone can post it.

To keep the thread from dying, we may discuss the poetry of Jim Morrison. Is it /lit/-worthy? Shall I read him in english? Once I bought a book of his poems at the train station but it was a really crappy translation, yet the themes were interesting
>>
>>7736963
I personally think that if one is able to poetry should always be read in original language. If in general writers choose words accurately, poets basically do that and little more, so knowing the precise terms they used might be fundamental to appreciate them.

I tend to be kind of autistic about poetry, in that usually Morrison-like free form annoys me. But after loving his songs in came quite natural to like his verses too. Definitely advise to give him an honest try, especially if you're more open minded than me.
>>
>>7737013
>poetry should always be read in original language
I couldn't agree more. Although, if a poem is translated by a worthy translator (like another poet), the result can be enjoyable, there are good examples.

JM once recorded a couple of his poems, later, after his death the Doors recorded some music with it and released an album. I know and like these poems (in English ofc).

I was wondering if he ever published a book of his poems, maybe with verses that was not meant to be accompanied by music.
>>
File: 20160224_110531.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160224_110531.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>7737049
He did, two in fact. He published "The Lords" fist and "The New Creatures" then, if my memory serves me well. As they were indipendent publications they stopped printing them quite early, but they were both reborn as a single book and can be easily found on amazon. (Pic related)
>>
>>7737084
I personally find annoying -although understandable- that in the original publications he had decided to appear as "James Douglas Morrison" to keep his poetry apart from his musical fame and now they just print "JIM MORRISON" for the sake of marketing.
>>
Come on baby light my fire
Come on baby light my fire
Try to set the night on fire
>>
File: 7-3-JimMorrisonWEB.jpg (108 KB, 429x576) Image search: [Google]
7-3-JimMorrisonWEB.jpg
108 KB, 429x576
>>7737353
>smoking outside by a pub
>girl comes with an unlit cigarette, tells me this line
>we start conversation, go home together
>mfw I'm a back door man

pic unrelated
>>
>>7737084
thanks anon, I'll check it out
>>
>>7737394
You da bowss
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.