[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I FUCKING LOVE READING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 152x187) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 152x187
I FUCKING LOVE READING
>>
>>7736255
Leave while you can.
>>
Reading is all about self-indulgence, so fuck you. Narcissistic piece of shit refusing be authentic.

>These books are so good, they're literary classics.
>Oh why?
>Because they tell such beautiful stories about the struggle of poor people and the misery of life!
>Wow, you're actually a condescending piece of shit.
>No, no you just don't get it. The language is so mesmerizing, and the characters feel so real and it's just so amazing, like the author is speaking directly to you.
>So you basically jerk off to it because you're too unoriginal to find pleasure in existing?
>It's bigger than me, it's contributing to the wealth of human knowledge and culture. It's true art and can be used to teach countless generations about beauty, love and honor.
>Oh you have to be taught those things? Because humans are just beasts right, you need the cultured white man to climb down from his tower and hand down the mana of wisdom to the unwashed and ignorant masses.
>I..b..but..
>Enjoy your fascism with a smile faggot, you bend your will to power and get rightly penetrated by it. No man can say what another can do. And let that one who tries fight for that right and rightly die in vain pursuit.
>>
>>7736719
(You)
>>
>>7736719
0/10
>>
>>7736255
Me too! But:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sgz_5iIRdg
>>
>>7736719

>Implying /li/t is affected by buzzwords.
>Implying writing isn't a fundamental part of human existence
> Implying you can truly enjoy life as a dumbass
> Implying your enjoyment means anything when you're stupid

kek
>>
>>7737066
such a great channel.

i saw this video before you linked it! haha.
>>
>>7737102
>refuting yourself in every line
>>
>>7737102
how is writing a fundamental part of human existence?
>>
>>7736719
>These books are so good, they're literary classics. Am I holding a pile of books? "they're literally classics" is spooky af
>Oh why?
>Because they tell such beautiful stories about the struggle of poor people and the misery of life! poor? not always the misery of life
>Wow, you're actually a condescending piece of shit. non sequitur
>No, no you just don't get it. The language is so mesmerizing, and the characters feel so real and it's just so amazing, like the author is speaking directly to you.
>So you basically jerk off to it because you're too unoriginal to find pleasure in existing?
>It's bigger than me, it's contributing to the wealth of human knowledge and culture. It's true art and can be used to teach countless generations about beauty, love and honor.
>Oh you have to be taught those things? Because humans are just beasts right, you need the cultured white man to climb down from his tower and hand down the mana of wisdom to the unwashed and ignorant masses.
>I..b..but.. Yes, but I don't really care about the masses t b h
>Enjoy your fascism with a smile faggot, you bend your will to power and get rightly penetrated by it. No man can say what another can do. And let that one who tries fight for that right and rightly die in vain pursuit. :^)
>>
>>7737247
being this fucking stupid to not understand the nuances of points so emily blunt they look like her cleft chin.

name one author who did not write for self-advancement.

It's a dreary job like any other, even people selling you life insurance often package it as something else, who the fuck wants to be reminded of death? The business of selling books is telling lies, and like all salesmen the best liars are the ones who end up buying their own bullshit.

The financial rewards for writing are so meager it's almost always dregs who write and the occasional prince who pays for the experience. History is filled with these fucking losers, pitiful alcoholic poverty stricken sadsacks debasing themselves because they lack the ethic and discipline to suck it up like everyone else and get a steady paying tedious job.

This board is filled with half-baked idiots, fantasizing about how some other half-baked idiots decades from now are going to read their shitty drivel, and raise on a pedestal the very worst of mankind. Self indulgence, introspection, mental masturbation, aggrandizing things that are just trivially awful. Yeah dude there's real fucking nobility in sitting on your ass all day and writing words down, you really cracked this puzzle called life.

The funniest part of all of this is, now that the standard of living is so high in western democracies, your usual suspect losers have nothing to write about anymore except their harmless recreational drug use and how much they love coffee. Postmodernism, aka we have basically nothing left to complain about. You have to go to hellholes in Asia or Latin America or Africa to find 'authetic' authors, and what do you know? they're just whinny bitches aping 2 generations ago, no solutions, nothing proactive, just negative depressing crap.

PROGRESS. INTEGRATION. SUSTAINABILITY. GLOBAL VILLAGE. FREE TRADE.

learn these words you fucking drones, because they brought your starbucks coffee beans and chinese islavephones from a fantasy to a reality. Not your philosophy books or your existential crisis or your spoken word poem.

"I went to college to study the Arts because they're so important, to like, human kind."

Disgust on levels so unspeakable, the mere thought should make you gag.
>>
File: EMBARRASSING.png (260 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
EMBARRASSING.png
260 KB, 334x393
>>7737066
>no 2+2=5
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.