[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you read this? I cried so much that I feel it would be dishonest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 317x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 317x474
Have you read this? I cried so much that I feel it would be dishonest to still consider myself heterosexual.
>>
>>7728862
>referencing Flann O'Brien in a tale of boy boy love
cheeky bugger
>>
tell me about your feels, OP
>>
>>7729655
It's a story that takes you on the full tour. The confusion, the shyness, the guilt, the excitement, the shame, the self loathing - and they come through it all to create something so perfect. They're so lucky to have found each other. The two boys start the story as half-formed people who help each other to grow and discover themselves until they're complete and can come together for a brief blissful moment.

And all the while there's an everpresent sense of dread becuase inevitably the same naive idealism that allowed them to be so perfect for each other will be their doom. The Easter Rising is remembered now as a glorious failure that paved the way to freedom but it wasn't that at the time. There was no glory or freedom in 1916, only pain and loss. When the story ends in the way it always had to it's two lives that were cut short not one, Ireland's eventual fate offers no consolation because the boys weren't really fighting for their country, they were fighting for each other.
>>
>>7729729
well fugg
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.