[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What podcasts does /lit/ listen to? I need something to distract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: vbwpKXCk7fM.jpg (114 KB, 604x431) Image search: [Google]
vbwpKXCk7fM.jpg
114 KB, 604x431
What podcasts does /lit/ listen to? I need something to distract me as I struggle with urban ennui
>>
>>7723671
depends on what you are into
>>
>>7723671
The War Nerd Podcast
>>
"Waking Up with Sam Harris"

He is the most important philosopher of our time, as evidenced by the thread found elsewhere on lit.

I also quite enjoy Star Talk with Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is fantastic. I love them all the more since they de-platformed Richard Dawkins. It was very upsetting to me that Dawkins, author of the God Delusion, which was quite formative for me, transformed into an anti-Muslim bigot.

TRUE scientists understand that without the Islamic societies of the Middle Ages, we of Western Europe would be stuck in a Christian dark age.
>>
Future WWE Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpPHt5KO-X8
>>
>>7723697
I don't know really. I want something /lit/ related but I always get bored and distracted listening to didatic podcasts like History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps.

I want a middle ground between Common Sense, Monday Morning Podcast and one of those academic ones. A smart and well-read dude talking about a certain subject while touching on the humanities and the arts, but improvising most of it and just acting like it's a regular conversation.
>>
>>7723716
>>7723717
>>7723737
These.
>>
>>7723738
Have you tried Bookworm?
>>
>>7723746
No I haven't, I'll look into it.
>>
I used to listen to Norm Macdonald Live, but he hasn't made a new episode in over a year. :(
>>
>>7723738
Have you tried In Our Time?

Hosted by a britbong, the guests are made up of a variety of experts on a certain topic which they talk about it for 45 minutes

General topics include culture, science, religion, philosophy and history.

The show is too short, but it's entertaining, fun and I like to think educational to a certain degree to listen to a group of people who are enthusiastic about their field talk about it.
>>
>>7723738
The Partially Examined Life?
>>
>>7723803
Not him, but the more I listened to it the more I started to hate the host.

Also they put every episode from 2010 behind a paywall and I was too lazy to pirate those
>>
File: 1428460709695.png (773 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
1428460709695.png
773 KB, 1344x756
XFM with Ricky Gervais, Steven Merchant, and that bald headed twat, Karl Pilkington.
>>
>>7723797
>>7723803
I've added all of these to the list, thank you.

I had heard of Partially Examined Life before. Seems worth getting into.
>>
>>7723671
>urban ennui
Wow you're incredibly intelligent for using a phrase that every tumblrina has on their blog
>>
>>7724708
It's a good word for something that a lot of people experience, dipshit.
>>
>>7724708
You're overestimating how much creativity I had to allocate to come up with it
>>
bone zone

hollywood handbook

best show
>>
Harmontown
>>
>>7723775
https://youtu.be/VkSMSbFV_q0
Love me some Norm
>>
Partially Examined Life Partially Examined Partially Examined Life Partially Examined Life Partially Examined Life Partially Examined Life
>>
Writing Excuses is good. Always gets me more in the mood to write.

That said, they have the occasional cringeinducing SJW pandering episode, and I have to stop listening for a few weeks.

Also I like Bill Burr's and Bret Easton Ellis' pods.
>>
>>7723671
must see films podcast is great but he doesnt do too much. if you like movies, listen to him.
>>
>>7723671
i think duncan trussell is pretty genius he has some of the deepest weirdest conversations on the format imo. If nothing else its interesting but it might be a love hate one
>>
ricky gervais show
your moms house
>>
In Our Time
History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Partially Examined Life
The Flop House
>>
The Daily Shoah
>>
>>7726251
I love that one. He's one of the only comedians who can still make me laugh.
>>
>>7723717
Oh gosh this STEM glorifying cuck.
>>7724708
This basically.
>>
Welcome To Nightvale

It's really well written some episodes but it's teen romance SJW bullshit for a few.

Also, cozy as hell.
>>
>>7727512
Same
I love putting it on and reading or drawing
>>
>>7726723
Who are some comedians that are actually still funny
>>
>>7726251
Is that Assad on the right?
>>
Freedomain Radio.

Listen to Stefan Molyneux.

Don't forget to donate a buck or two for the free services. Even if you don't agree with him there is always something interest being discussed.

He applies philosophy to politics, personal life issues and more. It is really good.
>>
>>7729098
Thanks for the tip Stefan!
>>
>>7726200
Would recommend Hollywood Handbook as well.
>>
Podcast pleb here, I listen to Segrial and Hardcore History

The only time I really listen to podcasts is in my car and even then most of the time I listen to NPR or sports talk
>>
File: reviewbrah.jpg (85 KB, 714x714) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
85 KB, 714x714
TheReportOfTheWeek
>>
WTFPodcast
Mega 64
thats it
>>
Are there any "alt right" podcasts worth checking out? I know Radix, but that's more or less it.
>>
>>7723808
they upload them for free on soundcloud
>>
Otherppl - contemporary fiction interviews, really good, kind of like WTF for new books
>>
Drunken peasants; its basically 4 neckbeards making fun of theists and sjw for 2 hrs straight, pretty funny though. They also comment on news stories.
>>
The Big Three Podcast

They don't do episodes anymore, but there's hundreds to choose from. Basic concept: two dudes make fun of and generally abuse their gay mentally challenged friend, like they've been doing for the last 30 years.

They also made a movie called, "Windy City Heat" about fifteen years ago.
>>
>>7723717
>It was very upsetting to me that Dawkins, author of the God Delusion, which was quite formative for me, transformed into an anti-Muslim bigot.
I thought you were referring to Sam Harris.
>>
Dear Bitches Smart Authors. (DBSA podcast)

It's a podcast featuring two romance novel reviewers discuss novels they read or interview Romance novelist on how they manage to write within the genre.

The text reviews can be hit or miss. One of them involved SB Sarah getting derailed off a review due to a hero being described as a primitive dumbass.
>>
>>7723810
this. I've probably spent more hours listening to these at work than I've watched any movie, television programme or listened to any band.
>>
>>7728996
I only listen to Norm.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
Dan Carlin's hardcore History.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.