[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The incompetence of the American military >Blind Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: world-war-z1.jpg (205 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
world-war-z1.jpg
205 KB, 600x923
>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Why do people pretend this is a good book?
>>
>>7712619
The people here dont tend to read it or like it, why dont you go discuss this at r/books or where ever you came from.
>>
>>7712619
Why are you posting this again?

Everyone agreed it was shit last time you made this thread.
>>
Max Brooks is the second coming of Joyce. He transcends the sublime, and every word is filled with weight and allegory. You can read this book from the perspective of any literary or critical theory and it JUST WORKS. The breadth of plot and the lushness of the world developed are outdone only by the masterful weaving of prose around characterization. At times the author veers into descriptions and tangents related to the mythos of the universe and then just when he begins to lose you he grasps you firmly and pulls you RIGHT BACK IN. It is so uncommon when a work of genre fiction crosses over to a literary masterpiece that it is almost jarring, but Brooks' only peers in this, Seth Grahame-Smith and David Foster Wallace, stand as children before a mighty equestrian statue, one that will no doubt stand firm against the sands of time and literary criticism. Nothing less than a master's masterwork.
>>
>>7712619
A well produced audiobook, zombie genre, entertaining alternate future political commentary. It was caught in a perfect storm. Having Mel Brooks as a dad doesn't hurt. Multiple accounts of history give enough time to enjoy a character before boredom sets in. There's almost as much geopolitical commentary as zombie killing. It's optimistic for an apocalypse story. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>7712619
It's shit, but why do you think feral children are a stupid concept?
>>
>>7712727
I know feral children have existed in real life, but they have never attempted survival in a place where millions upon millions of humanoids are trying to eat them.
>>
>>7712733
That would make putting them in a shitty zombie apocalypse meme-book situation the terrible concept, not the idea of feral children itself.
>>
>>7712744
That's my problem though. He uses feral children to help paint the setting. Same goes for quizlings. How would quizlings continue to pretend they were zombies?
>>
>>7712693
This. Don't waste reading time on it but get the audiobook and listen to it while walking or playing your vidyas or whatever.
>>
> read science fiction
> why is this science fiction this is so stupid
>>
Takes after his father, but not in a good way.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.