[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the real reason the whole feminism business is an annoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: o-FEMINISM-IN-2014-facebook.jpg (572 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-FEMINISM-IN-2014-facebook.jpg
572 KB, 2000x1000
I think the real reason the whole feminism business is an annoying and loud business, and an invitation to a flame war is because of a tendency to depersonalize problems related to common decency and social norm. That is the reason feminism is a polarizing subject and also the reason why many people, at least on 4chan, Tumblr and social media are so asinine and cunty about it – in both sides. I believe that tendency is exclusively western, or at least judeo-christian.
What I mean by that is that most modern complaints by tumblr feminists and sjws in general is related to respect. The main cause of anger is according to a review by Berkowitz (I can post links if anon asks later) "kept from attaining an important goal by an external agent’s improper action" - namely, being treated in a way you perceive as wrong or unjust. So you are a woman, and a random nigger harasses you. Obviously that is not proper treatment, you are a middle class woman, that is far from polite behavior or what is to be expected from a man to you. The most direct and quick way of dealing with the matter would be calling Mr. Random Nigger an asshole and doing what you really want to do - beat him up, spit on him, treat him unpolitely.
I believe that would be dealing with the matter in a personal way. What I also believe is that our western society, which is mostly focus on a logical philosophical understanding of the world, that is frowned upon. The explanation to a problem just CAN'T, according to our world view, be SIMPLY that Mr. Random Nigger is an unpolite, uncivil, ill-mannered male. So theories and ideologies are constructed in order to explain that behavior. We get theories explaining how some kind of patriarchy is behind the whole scheme. That also speak to our christian sensibility, since the person is no longer to blame - you can reinforce the theory that "people are good, but this system is bad".
That's why you depersonalize the matter. No longer is Mr. Random Nigger a jackass, rather, we as a society have a problem. That will also appeal to judeo-christian vanity - when I speak of judeo-christian, I do in order to include the concept of slave and master morality, which, although flawed, is really good to explain a lot of stuff going on. This idea of "we as a society have a problem" would marry well with the slave morality's tendency to self-restraint and the mortification of the flesh - "O deliver us from our sin lord, our world is full of earthly pleasures hurpa durpa"
I take slave morality as a good model since it would also explain other behaviors that we can see in the people who are generally attracted to these groups - we all know how these people jerk to their victimhood, and how platonic is their relationship with reality, and its denial of a physical, grounded culture (that's why they are fat and blabla we all know what I'm talking about)
>>
>>7706203
So roughly the discussion hijacks claims to equality that may be legitimate and intertwines them with claims that are probably ideological necessities in our western world view. These claims would be mostly stuff that puts the blame on men in general, as opposed of blaming the man in particular.

So up to now I’ve been explaining what is the real problem faced by feminists these days, which is roughly saying disrespect. Disrespect is obviously related to politeness, and proper social behavior, which comes from socialization. Socialization can be more or less successful, and I assume its success follows some sort of natural pattern with most people in the middle and some outliers. So once in a while we will have some Mr. Random Nigger who just has had a shitty upbringing and really does not respect what is accorded amongst middle class millennial America. Also, you’ll have those REAL outliers who will be your psychos, and violent men who had a decent upbringing but who’ll realize that millennial middle class America is just weak enough that he can actually get tremendous results if he uses of rough, violent means – I assume that the will of power is human nature and therefore, if you manage to actually ban some kind of violence, some smart fellow will simply reinvent it. So there are Mr. Random Niggers and Mr. Outliers out there who’ll just trample any kind of decency and harass women on the street in order to get some gratification as they do it.

The problem will mostly start when the woman harassed depersonalizes the problem and starts reproducing out loud the theory that the problem is dissociated from Mr. Nigger or Mr. Outlier. Rather it is patriarchy the real issue. “These two are symptoms of a larger disease”. That equates to pointing the finger at men in general.

So you’ll get a guy in the middle of the socialization curve who really treats people according to what society expects him to and he’ll go “WHAT?What the fuck did you just fucking say to me you little bitch (…)”. You can’t really blame him. He probably has lived his life up to this moment minding his words, restraining his behavior, all that to adhere to society’s norms. Now comes a green haired landwhale scream that he is a privileged shitlord and his privilege is indirectly responsible for the problem. Mr. Outlier back there is not a problem. Mr. Nigger back there is not a problem. No, YOU, middle class millennial male, who has been a raging virgin your entire life is INDIRECTLY responsible, as much as Mr. Nigger and Mr. Outlier. Clearly that is a invitation for this guy to be angry.
>>
wew lad
>>
File: BigApple.jpg (349 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
BigApple.jpg
349 KB, 990x660
>>7706207
Next thing you know he is on the internet complaining and being a real bitch about feminism. Yes, of course, rather than personally attacking the woman who claims him to be guilty, it is socially accepted that he depersonalize the problem and blame an entire movement, an part of it, or hell even the entire female sex. Now there will be a problem, since of course OBVIOUSLY, just as much as not all men are harassing women on the streets, not all feminists are spouting illegitimate accusations against men. “Most feminists are not like that”. And they are not, but many are. So no one can be right, and no one can be wrong, because the very understanding we have of the whole business is in half truths.

So ironically, I guess, the blame is to be put on the system, not on actual people.

So, yeah. Tell me what you think /lit/
>>
>>7706203
weww dat ideology and attached prose

which berkowitz?
>>
Women are but a void
Iv been chasing emptiness this whole time
Once caught, I didnt know what to do with it
So i called Chad over for a smash
What a bro he is honestly
>>
>>7706203
Rape is completely natural, I wonder why is it even a thing. Women are biologically programmed to enjoy sex. Like who doesn't like sex? its just the idea of victimhood which has been sold to them through the years.
>>
>>7706230
Some Berkowitz from Wisconsin apparently. Never heard of him I was just reading his review and thought up some shit, thought I'd might as well post it to get some peer review, after all you are all neckbeard virgins like me and here I am protected by glorious namelessness

Link to the article:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eddie_Harmon-Jones/publication/8485281_Toward_an_Understanding_of_the_Determinants_of_Anger/links/0fcfd51179ff9c8c9f000000.pdf

Its really nothing extraordinary
>>
I mean, I honestly think the problem could be solved if we actually started to put blame where it is due - I also started questioning why the fuck should argumentation be about GRAND IDEAS rather than about people. Ultimately it is all a game of human relations and there is no access to real actual truth, aside of course from sensory experience of objective reality. So if you are going to argue, or discuss any matter, you can't be discussing the matter itself, rather you are discussing to somebody. Why can't you just be clear and honest and just say shit that happens and attribute them to their agents who are invariably solid and physical and, well, real.

Why should you even try to pretend that you are not personally attacking another human being? Is it because we think it's so damn wrong to attack other people? Should it be wrong attacking other people? It seems quite reasonable that you call people out on their shit.
>>
I really just wish women would act feminine again tbqph
>>
>>7706203
>>7706207
Hugo has already addressed and solved all the problems you mention.
>>
>>7706309
There's a scene in The Century of Self documentary where Edward Bernays (Freud's nephew, invented modern Public Relations) pays a group of women to light cigarettes in a public space while staging it as a grass-root women's movement. Described it as women lighting their "Torches of Freedom" to eager journalist. All along paid by the cigarette company to increase their market as women just didn't smoke back then.

I think about half of modern feminism is actually a variant of this, praise independence because then you get another consumer.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.