[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misguided hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: saul.jpg (14 KB, 242x299) Image search: [Google]
saul.jpg
14 KB, 242x299
Looking for books on the theme of a hero who realises he's actually the villain. Like Saul/Paul in the Bible. In comic book form there's I am Legend. I'm sure there's more of these, I just can't think of them. So stories or conversion, or stories of realising you're the evil that you see in the world.
>>
>>7702194
The guy from I am legend still wasn't the bad guy
>>
Off-topic but:
I'm on my term break and I went home to my mother's place and I ate like an entire 8-pack of Snickers bars.
I still crave chocolate and just discovered a single Mars bar, however the packaging of the entire 8-pack is gone and I can't check the expiration date, and I think I remember seeing Mars bars at my mother's place a few months ago.
Now I wonder if that bar I have now might have belonged to the set of Mars bars I had seen back then, at my mother's place you know.
What I wanted to ask basically is, if this Mars bar is still good to eat or if I will be cursed with food poisoning if I eat it.
>>
File: yii.png (43 KB, 171x158) Image search: [Google]
yii.png
43 KB, 171x158
Bumpu desu
>>
you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
>>
>>7702860
true brother true

now also accepting books dealing with a hero past their prime, in different time.

or a hero still fighting fights most people have long forgotten about.
>>
Oedipus Rex I guess
>>
>>7702882
MGS4

Second Apocalypse is a really, really good pick for the second one. Drusas Achamian is all about that shit.
>>
>>7702194
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeelRealization?from=Main.HeelRealisation
>>
>>7702909
Thank you, I had a feeling there might be a term for this.

>>7702884
>>7702888
Thank you brethren
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.