[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some good books on the freud + nietzsche connection?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
what are some good books on the freud + nietzsche connection? after a quick google search im really surprised at the lack books covering this topic
>>
Well, first you have to find out if there really is a Freud/Nietzsche connection. I would say maybe, because they both more or less say that society holds back individual desires - Nietzsche thinks this is bad, Freud thinks this is good (or at least necessary). Other than that I don't know.
>>
>>7698367
well when I read Freud i see Nietzsche everywhere; the concept of sublimation/repression, ressentment etc. I know most psychoanalysts try to play it down but Freud was obviously massively influenced by Nietzsche I thought that was pretty well accepted by most people into philosophy
>>
Try this:
>Freud, the reluctant philosopher / Alfred I. Tauber.
"Rarely does a book cause one to rethink an entire field. Alfred Tauber's detailed and accessible study of the philosophical underpinnings and implications of Freud's work (and psychoanalysis in general) will have this impact on both the humanities and psychoanalysis. Tauber's rigorous framing of Freudian thought in the context of the history of philosophy (and the history of science) makes this the most important book on the shape of Freud's thought in recent times."-- Sander L. Gilman, Emory University "To his enormous credit, Tauber avoids the selective approach that is almost always taken by philosophers studying Freud. Instead of isolating facets of this multifaceted thinker, Tauber has striven to give an integrated and holistic portrait. He also provides a careful and detailed account of Freud's debt to German thinkers close to his own time. This is an important contribution."-- Jennifer Radden, University of Massachusetts, Boston

Others:
Nietzsche and Depth Psychology / Golomb, Jacob J. Editor
Freud and Nietzsche / Paul-Laurent Assoun ; translated by Richard L. Collier, Jr.
Nietzsche und Freud / Reinhard Gasser.
Nietzsche and psychoanalysis / Daniel Chapelle.
>>
>>7698399
thanx bb
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.