[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read this, it is often cited as a foundational work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Has anyone read this, it is often cited as a foundational work to feminist theory.

I may read it for insight into the movement and its ideas/grievances. One must humor the gender argument as part of solidifying their political ideas.

Thought and opinions requested.
>>
>>7693750
She fails to argue that Lesbianism is not Freudian/Lacanian.

Not that it is necessarily but her arguments are weak.

Otherwise it's overly-reliant on Sartre's bogus philosophy (literally a DUDE FREEDOM LMAO interpretation of Heidegger - very bad, but even Beauvoir decided to defend him after Heidegger wrecked his shit).

She has some interesting things to say of literature but it's mostly a tract that she wrote but didn't believe in because she lived the complete opposite.

Just read about her accusations of rape.
>>
Hourly reminder that Simone was a predator who sexually assaulted and pimped out her female students and then wrote about the odor of their nether regions in her diary
>>
>>7693764
Is that to say she argues that free will exists and men use it to knowingly oppress women in some capacity?
>>
>>7693788
Sweeping generalizations made from the comfort of your armchair don't go very far, but they may trigger emotions, which is where Feminism succeeds.

It's worth reading but I believe Camille Paglia and Luce Irigaray are much better. But these are Feminists who are really making an attempt at saying something meaningful. Most are scared because they' don't want to be wrong and we get superficial emotivist critique.
>>
File: PutinCookie.jpg (151 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
PutinCookie.jpg
151 KB, 500x348
>>7693775
this.
>>
>>7693750
I read it, it was a doozy
>>
Beauvoir was a meme author, and had no discernible talent. He was shitposting, and is literally genre tier fiction. clearly a juvenile author.
>>
>>7693992
>he
>grandmatroll.jpg
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.