[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camus, Existentialists, Philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Philosophy noob here. Thoughts on Camus?

The first philosophy book I've read is the Myth of Sisyphus. It was comforting in some parts, and really incomprehensible in others.

How does this compare to his other stuff, or to the works of other existentialists, or to other schools of thought?
>>
>>7693705
>his other stuff
is usually better than Myth.
>the works of other existentialists
better than those.
>the works of other existentialists
top kek, you can't really expect anyone to do a comparative study of existentialism vs 80 other schools.

But on that matter: exis had a lot of appeal because it fit the post-WWII atheist zeitgeist a huge lot. It's also accessible philosophy and it was the #1 school for that part of the XX century mostly because of these two reasons.
>>
>>7693725
my copypaste fucked up, third meme arrow was obv meant to be 'other schools'.
>>
>>7693725
cool. do you have any recommendations for classic work that you think fits today's zeitgeist?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.