[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So by the end of this semester I'll have written a 20 page
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bluesmiley.jpg (21 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
bluesmiley.jpg
21 KB, 480x468
So by the end of this semester I'll have written a 20 page paper on a Borges fiction. My choices are between Funes, The South, The Aleph or Tlon. I have to commit now basically and I can't decide which.

I've read them all and they're all 50% pure corny and 50% interesting, but overall The South is less interesting (maybe because it's less 'fantastic' and more about narrative techniques, whatever the narrative techniques are the cringiest).

What do you think? Which is your favorite. Help me commit /lit/.
>>
>>7690183
I think The Aleph or Tlon have the most depth to plumb for 20 double spaced pages, and the most wiggle room to reach your own conclusions without offending the typical undergraduate professor.
>>
>>7690183
Tlon will definitely give you the most to work with, in regards to a writting topic.
>>
>>7690235
>>7690199
I thought so, but in terms of 'discovering' a thesis or something i think most of what's in there is about literary culture, south american/global, owing also to the amount of names he drops.

That might not be a bad thing, but could wind up pretty dry. idk. Funes would be the same thing I think. I suppose I should go through Tlon again and see if there's anything particularly confusing/some questions that stick out about the construction of Tlon/the idea of it leaking into the real world.

Thanks.

My plan B is to create a Borges generator that writes a bullshit short story full of mirrors, infinity, random argentinian street names and obscure european manuscripts.
>>
The south is the most based story out there, faggot. It is a fantastic story, imo Dahlman fantasies the whole duel thing. Look up the "poema conjetural". It deals with the same feeling, violent death as a desire for men.
baka
Anyway if you speak Spanish look up "Borges por Piglia" on YouTube.
>>
>>7690257
>My plan B is to create a Borges generator that writes a bullshit short story full of mirrors, infinity, random argentinian street names and obscure european manuscripts.
I handed in some html that generated pages of random text as an essay on Borges, once. The professor wasn't impressed.
>>
>>7690262
That was the most basic boring conclusion ever it was obvious right from the start as soon as he thought about how lame it would be to die there and how he idolized his Argie uncle

who cares. Same with The Aleph being unreliable.
>>
>>7690257
I'm just saying Tlon is the easiest way to an A, thats all I ever cared about in college.
>>
>>7690274
You're right but I will have a fucking hard time finishing this paper if it's boring is all I'm saying.
>>
>>7690276
Save exciting papers for your own creative writing and give the professor what they want
>>
>>7690280
If the choice was mine I'd choose a more interesting author than Borges tbqh like Krasznahorkai

>tfw i'm in here arguing instead of starting my bullshit discovery draft
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.