[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's talk meme-less. I read CL49, liked a lot, and currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Thomas_Pynchon.png (107 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Pynchon.png
107 KB, 600x600
let's talk meme-less.
I read CL49, liked a lot, and currently I am in the second section of GR.
What's after that? Slow Learner? Inherent Vice?
>>
haha le quirky no photographs recluse man
>>
>>7678394
OP, finish Gravity's Rainbow first and see what you think of it. Sometimes people need a long break from Pynchon after GR.

If you're ready to dive right in but want something easier (easier in comparison to his other works), then try Inherent Vice.

If you want to try more of his chunky releases, try V. and then tackle Mason & Dixon which many consider his best work.

Slow Learner is often seen as one to skip because it's not Pynchon at his best but when he was just starting out as a writer. It's not dreadful or anything like that and it might serve as an interesting insight into how his work gradually progressed into what it is renowned as today, but other than that, it's not essential Pynchon reading. It's worth seeking out if you have a burning passion for the man's work though.

Hope this helps, anon. Big fan of Pynchon myself and I think it's a shame now that he's seen as a meme on here by people who haven't attempted his work.
>>
>>7678865
good. i'll see in a couple+ weeks then.
>>
If you want my honest opinion, I'd skip Inherent Vice. It was my second Pynchon foray after CL49 and it turned me off from him for a long while. Lots of beautiful language, but I had no idea what the fuck was going on and I didn't really care.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.