[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This book doesn't make any sense >The incompetence of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: worldofzcraft.jpg (208 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
worldofzcraft.jpg
208 KB, 600x923
This book doesn't make any sense

>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Brooks is such a hack.
>>
>>7677626
>expecting a meme book to be good
>expecting anything with zombies to make sense

Any zombie apocalypse is inherently illogical. A disease that's not airborne, not spread through bodily fluids in the traditional way, but spread through biting has no chance of spreading. When was the last time you heard about a rabies epidemic? How do you get from patient zero to most of the human population?

Zombies are people without the ability to think strategically or defend themselves. Even if they're the new running zombies how can they defeat even a small military squad? You just need some riot shields and one guy with a gun and the zombie menace is over.
>>
>>7677626
Pretty sure Brooks set out to sell a lot of copies. He appears to have done exactly that, so critiquing his work this way is like making a thread about how you don't think Big Bang Theory is as good as Synecdoche, New York.
>>
>>7677644
This. The whole "super serious grounded in reality" zombie apocalypse thing is a terrible meme genre that makes no sense when you actually think about it for five seconds.

It's as retarded as "hard" scifi in that autistic nerds want to read something "serious" even though their genre is a little more than a vehicle for shitty pulp authors to write space fantasies.
>>
>>7677626
>French have to atone for their terrible WW2 reputation by dying heroically
was Brooks hanging out with my drunk uncle when he wrote this?
>>
>>7677626
>Incompetence of the American military

If you ever served you'd know that's true.
>>
>>7677626
You read zombie books for the dumb moments and the raw fun of it. If you can't get any from it then it's basically a pointless book to read since you won't enjoy it.

>>7677680
Better then the Canadians at least. I've heard men there talk about having to ducktape their packs together and basically being trained to spray and pray.
>>
>/b/ tard steals book from somewhere at the age of 16
>omg this is about that movie with zombies and shiet
>reads it and being the edgy contrarian he is decides that it's shit
>lemme post muh opinion on that one slow blue board about books, lmao nerds
>>
>>7677730
a brilliant analysis by one of our finest minds
>>
Meh i thought it was okay. It reminded me of Day of the Triffids in terms of tone.
>>
>>7677626
gasp
>>
why didn't they us artillery?
>>
Y'all know this is copypasta right?

Right?
>>
I'm not that familiar with zombie settings, but how does this compare to the Manel Loureiro's books?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.