[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"To hell with damnation" Something I recently thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160206_205702.jpg (187 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160206_205702.jpg
187 KB, 1000x663
"To hell with damnation"
Something I recently thought up.
I really liked it and wondered if anyone else had thought of it, I googled it and found that some fucking indie shit had it already. What happens when this 'username taken' thing happens to everyone? As we all know, humanity hasn't been around very long and pretty soon all the thoughts will have been thunked, (if you were in the future) how would you stay original? Be you an author, artist, or even an admirer of them all, how would you cope with the inevitable blending of us all into gray muck and how will you fight it? Or will you give up and die as another like a dog?
>>
File: 1396547124121.gif (967 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1396547124121.gif
967 KB, 245x250
>>7668943
If you honestly believe that "all the thoughts will be "thunked"" then you either have a ridiculously narrow view of what constitutes thought or an Icarusian attitude towards collective human memory.

We will forget everything* much sooner than we will know it.

*everything = a categorical function of all compossible thought

This isn't even taking into account the fact that you are living a completely unique life. Nobody in the history of everything has ever experienced exactly what you've experienced and if you don't think that's conducive to the production of "new" thoughts then what is?

You're probably 17-21, calm the fuck down, you don't even know a quantifiable portion of all there is to know. Get out there and experience instead of jacking off to your own armchair philosophizing.
>>
>>7668985
I'm not talking about literal thoughts, that's ridiculous to think they'll blend. We as humans like to keep track of things, and of all the things we've recorded most of what we publish will remain. What I'm saying is, how will anyone, say, write a new book (etc.).
"What's your book about?"
"A man who was kidnapped by a psychotic musician who trains the man to play the piano for him."
"Oh, you mean like 'The Music Through the Boards'?"
"Fuck"
>>
>>7669022
All language (books included) is nothing but a constellation of "literal thoughts"
>>
>>7668943
Your problem is that what you thought was original and witty, wasn't at all.
>>
>>7669022
It's easy, if you really feel you have to be original, try to be.
If you find out it is not: discard it.
>>
>>7668943
It is why you stop reinventing the wheel and build something complicated like a car instead. And then a plane. If you think you are going to create something new or interesting in one moment of inspiration, you are wrong. It takes work, time, and many moments of inspiration strung and meshed together.
>>
None of you are understanding this, I didn't think it would be so hard to grasp.

>>7669189
It's the main concept

>>7669210
No, it's not original, that's the problem. I, however, do like it anyways.

>>7669228
Eventually everything will be discarded

>>7669310
The car's been made, the plane's been made.
>spends two years designing and constructing complex device
>already been done
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.