[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ my senior quote is due soon. Do you guys have any cool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 1431045185295.png (327 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
1431045185295.png
327 KB, 849x565
Hey /lit/ my senior quote is due soon. Do you guys have any cool quotes? Thanks!
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
>>7665007
“I was drawn to all the wrong things: I liked to drink, I was lazy, I didn't have a god, politics, ideas, ideals. I was settled into nothingness; a kind of non-being, and I accepted it. I didn't make for an interesting person. I didn't want to be interesting, it was too hard. What I really wanted was only a soft, hazy space to live in, and to be left alone. On the other hand, when I got drunk I screamed, went crazy, got all out of hand. One kind of behavior didn't fit the other. I didn't care.”

---Abraham Lincoln
>>
"What is real? What isn't?" - Andy Coughman
>>
>>7665007
'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence'.
>>
>>7665007
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
>>
can it be a poem?
'To save a family, sacrifice a man;
To save a village, sacrifice a family;
To save a country, sacrifice a village;
To save the soul, sacrifice the earth.'
>>
"Most learning is not the result of instruction. It is rather the result of unhampered participation in a meaningful setting" - Ivain Illich
>>
>>7665007
"Life is absurd. Sometimes I can't take it. But I am strong; I will live till I die."
>>
>>7665007
Ghostface, catch the blast of a hype verse
My glock bursts, leave in a hearse, I did worse
>>
>>7665007
"It's not about the pleasure caused by the the tongue stimulating my prostate, but the ontological state of unity of the tongue and my anus."
-Jesus Christ
>>
>>7665079
kek
>>
>>7665007

I hope you know not to listen to anyone else in this thread, so far. They are guaranteed to get you a trip to the principal's office. I suggest you find a nice Disney Channel movie to quote.
If you want to be profound, try a classic movie - something from a Rom-Com or something from the Twilight Zone.

But you know, nothing that implies that you're a serial killer, an alcoholic, or are currently wearing a vintage, collector's edition fedora.
>>
"Use the force, Harry."
-Gandalf
>>
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters." - David
>>
"Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed"
>>
DUDE NIGGERS LMAO
>>
>>7665118
>Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

#wow #whoa
>>
Don't let school get in the way of your education
Mark Twain
>>
>>7665007
80 years since the World War
80 years of German suffering
A current year if German rebirth
Taylor Swift visits Nuremberg
>>
>>7665007
jet fuel can't melt steel beams - allahu akbar
>>
What's a fire, and why does it, what's the word, burn?

-- Ariel
>>
This is a published poem
that your are reading
presently
>>
klebold did nothing wrong
>>
>>7666055
you nigger, you stole my dubs
>>
You see me counting stacks
You see me swerving through
You see me moving past
Playa I'm not like you
>>
I dont trust no bitch
I dont trust no negro
I been ballin wit em brickz
Desde chamaquito
>>
>>7665007
In my senior quote I quoted myself and attributed it to TS Eliot
>>
sleep tight pizza
>>
I come out of this institution with no greater appreciation for my role in the world or the greater human experience.
>>
Coincidentally, I am also in my senior year and will need a senior quote.

I want to quote my favorite book, Moby-Dick, is that autistic? Should I just quote something else, I certainly don't have anything good to say myself.

If I was to quote Moby-Dick, what would be a good line to quote?
>>
>>7666894
Depends. Is your first name Ishmael?
>>
>>7666897
It's my grandfathers/middle name. I thought about "Call me Ishmael.", I liked it, but I'm not too sure about it.

If Moby-Dick doesn't work, I could use something from Crime and Punishment or Ulysses, my second and third favorite books.
>>
>>7666904
>Ulysses
Quote the last sentence.
>>
"I fuck the music, I make it cum. I fuck the music with my serpent tongue" - Beethoven
>>
>>7666909
"yes I said yes I will Yes"? That'd be pretty nice too, actually.
>>
teenagers need to get off my /lit/
>>
>>7666915
No the whole sentence, starting after the last period.
>>
>>7666923
I don't think my quote can be that long, anon.
>>
>In the 19th century Augustus De Morgan went through the first 400 decimals of π and dicovered that there was less occurrences of '75' then expected.

-- some guy, some book about π
>>
''All I need for my birthday is a big booty hoe'' - M. Gandhi
>>
File: ttj.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ttj.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>7666925
>>
Words do not have meaning anyways. Why bother writing a quote if communication between you and me will not happen- Derrida
>>
>>7666945
Wait, isn't that Wittgenstein's stance?
>>
>>7666951
See, communication always fails
>>
>>7666955
>>7666955
ohh shit
I can feel getting memed on, slightly.
>>
>>7666936
you shouldnt expect any particular instance of 2 digits at all...
>>
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.
>>
"psssh...nothin personnel...kid..." - Coldsteel the Hedgeheg
>>
>>7665007
"Look at you. You are but a spec grasping at other specs in an attempt to be the spec that is a spectacle for other specs; in short, you are nothing. I am nothing. Everything we do is pointless, just like words that fall on deaf ears."
>>
"Life drew me and I followed it."

-Alfred Rosenberg
>>
>>7665007
I felt attracted by a pizza slide.
>>
>>7665007
just do a blood meridian quote
> The man who believes that the secrets of this world are forever hidden lives in mystery and fear. Superstition will drag him down. The rain will erode the deeds of his life. But that man who sets himself the task of singling out the thread of order from the tapestry will by the decision alone have taken charge of the world and it is only by such taking charge that he will effect a way to dictate the terms of his own fate.
>>
>>7667067
Does McCarthy really not use punctuation? That's a real thing?
>>
>>7667120
But look. There are periods.
>>
File: 1453947049823.png (534 KB, 683x694) Image search: [Google]
1453947049823.png
534 KB, 683x694
"and but so"

-DFW
>>
>>7665007
Does it say "Cool Quotes and general faggotry" at the top? No? Not Senior Quotes, or Quotes? Are we /qu/? Does the sticky say /lit/ is for the discussion of literature, specifically books, short stories, poetry, creative writing, and quotes for this faggot kid who is too boring to come up with one himself?
>>
File: image.png (10 KB, 485x1109) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 485x1109
>>
"Dem niggers, dem Russians dem Russians and dem chinamen. And dem Russians."
Ginsberg.
>>
I did "Check, please!" --Herman Melville
>>
>>7666942
For some reason that little exchange cracked me up.
>>
>>7667023
Please stop.
>>
>>7665118
I always loved you
>>
im a senior
>>
>>7665060
exDee
>>
>>7665118
hei erik
>>
" After I'm gone, your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be." - Steve
>>
File: 1454516650371.png (762 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454516650371.png
762 KB, 600x600
pic related or>>7667137
>>
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide." --Abraham Lincoln
>>
"The Way is without difficulty, just avoid picking and choosing" - Sengcan

"Reason about it and you at once fall into error" - Huangbo

"Grasping at things is surely delusion,
according with sameness is still not enlightenment." - Shitou
>>
>>7665007

"Create your own reality and don't wait for happiness. It is only by creating that that that that that that that joy that you can be in the zone"
>>
2easy

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past
>>
Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
Fuck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
Cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters
But somethin must've got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some, restin in peace and some are sittin in San Quentin
Others such as myself are tryin to carry on tradition
Keepin this schweppervesent street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
But as long as we leavin thievin we'll be leavin with some kind of dough
So, and to that day we expire and turn to vapors
Me and my capers'll be somewhere stackin plenty papers,
Keepin it real, packin steel, gettin high -
Cause life's a bitch and then you die
>>
>>7665007
"What God creates, Man can destroy."
>>
>>7665007
Future nostalgia, achieved.
>>
>>7665007
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza.

-tumblr
>>
>>7667023
I tend to expect an instance of identical digits when I post on japanese imageboards
>>
File: 1447506702951.jpg (10 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
1447506702951.jpg
10 KB, 209x241
>>
"I admit that twice two makes four is an excellent thing, but if we are to give everything its due, twice two makes five is sometimes a very charming thing too."
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>>
File: 1453519338861.jpg (356 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453519338861.jpg
356 KB, 1600x1200
Dis Juan
>>
>>7669027
I don't think anyone on here can quote Genghis Khan and not look like a faggot.

Remember, anon, OP is still in high school, not an emperor of one of the greatest empires in history.
>>
File: 1.png (224 KB, 609x664) Image search: [Google]
1.png
224 KB, 609x664
Please this
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.