[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Pet Hates. For me it is descriptions of food, I have never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: junk-food.jpg (3 MB, 3530x2440) Image search: [Google]
junk-food.jpg
3 MB, 3530x2440
ITT: Pet Hates.

For me it is descriptions of food, I have never understood a love for food. To me, food is something that keeps you alive. The only pleasure I find in food is the knowledge that what I am eating will help me in some way. Masses of food are revolting.
>>
>>7640339
Describing food in literature is crucial because it helps to convey the nature of the two parties meeting to consume it together. Eating in literature is incredibly important because it's one of the most intimate things two people can do, yada yada yada. Have you read "How to Read Literature Like a Professor?" (I believe it's on even a lot of high school required reading lists here in the US) and this is a pretty basic, intro level quality to writing, anon. Most of the time, a description of food is not simply because of an author's love for the culinary arts (though not always the case, of course).
>>
>>7640344
Do not speak to me like a child. I have no problems with using meals and food to convery certain ideas, but I dislike descriptions of food for the sake of converying the enjoyment of it.
>>
>>7640345
>Do not speak to me like a child
I'll speak to you as I see fit, anon.

Based off your pet peeve, it sounds like you read YA fiction or genre fiction more broadly. My point was that if you were NOT reading YA/genre fic then you more than likely misunderstood the intent behind it as "whew, this iz tasty grub!"
>>
>>7640339
Maybe you should try and exercise empathy. If you're reading a romance, you can take pleasure in a happy ending even if you're not in love with either character.
>>
Read Trimalchio's fest part in Satyricon and you'll learn to enjoy that shit
>>
>>7640339
did you grow up poor or just autistic
food is delicious, we evolved to find good things delicious
let's do away with descriptions of fucking, too, while we're at it
useless faggot OP
>>
>I got REKT
An autobiography by OP.

Nice thread, guys.
>>
The words "muttered" and "exclaimed". I fucking cringe everytime their used.
>>
>>7640345
>Do not speak to me like a child

Stop acting like one you oversensitive shit
>>
>>7640362
>taking pleasure in a happy ending

absolutely pleb

Empathy is bottom-barrel aesthetics
>>
File: 1454212911943.jpg (133 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1454212911943.jpg
133 KB, 625x626
>>7640345
That's exactly what they are using to convey a message. Are you only pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>7640362
>>7643787
>Empathy is bottom-barrel aesthetics

No, it's first level and therefore essential.
>>
AND NOW FOR OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PIZZA AD which is my queue to shut the browser and go do productive work, peace out faggots
>>
File: 4-grrm-talk.w529.h529.jpg (98 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
4-grrm-talk.w529.h529.jpg
98 KB, 529x529
>>7640339
Never read A Song of Ice and Fire, then.
>>
>>7640345
hello anakin
>>
>>7640345
Stop reading Redwall.
>>
>>7640339
>>7640345
>>7643787

I know this word gets thrown around way too often here but I'm pretty sure you have legitimate autism.
>>
File: 1389766553766.jpg (32 KB, 218x232) Image search: [Google]
1389766553766.jpg
32 KB, 218x232
>>7640339
I bet you drink soylent too
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.