[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This might seem like a stupid question but how do I read books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
This might seem like a stupid question but how do I read books? When I was a kid I used to be able to read non-stop and I would almost always have a book on me to read, but now whenever I try to read anything I quickly lose interest and zone out. This happens with everything I read even if I am really interested in the topic of the book, So basically how do I regain my attention span for reading books

pic unrelated but cool
>>
Hey I took a picture of the same poster! Always funny that they spelled Nietzsche wrong.
It was in Sydney, at an exhibition about anti-German sentiment during WW1, pretty cool and largely forgotten, including concentration camps for Germans and camp riots

Anyway, you regain your attention span by going away from the things that take your attention. I read more in the bus and in bed since there's no PC or TV there. Have a small ritual (like making tea or coffee) before you start reading (same goes for studying) so that your brain understands that a new parcel of activity is starting. Turn off monitors and sound-notifications.
>>
>>7626463
goto the library/cafe/park without your electronics.
>>
>>7626469
Great idea! I wish Nietzscheberg was the aussie capital city as well. Surely he is deserving of a cityname somewhere.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.