[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is an essential reading list for a future law student? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: To-Kill%-A-Mockingbir_d.jpg (141 KB, 652x1056) Image search: [Google]
To-Kill%-A-Mockingbir_d.jpg
141 KB, 652x1056
What is an essential reading list for a future law student?
I am finishing my third year of American university and I want to be able to prepare myself for the legal profession.

I've read pic related already. It's often recommend to those who want to be lawyers. What else should I check out, /lit/?
>>
Probably some law books
>>
>>7600808
I'm in the same boat as you OP. I'm a second year at American university. A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr. Great book. Really shows you what it takes to bring a court to trial. Most importantly, it explains in detail the effects extensive legislation can have on the mind and body. And also: if you're serious about the legal profession, ditch all your fiction. Read non-fiction. Economics, things like that that will strengthen your reasoning abilities. Fiction is fun and all, but it will not help you become a better lawyer.
>>
>>7600808
>>7600868
It also goes without saying that if you havent started reading LSAT prep books then get on that shit. Like now.
>>
The Brethren
Helter Skelter (how to prosecute nitwit hippie murderers with no money and bad lawyers)
An American Tragedy by Lawrence Schiller
(how to get away with murder if you have enough money to buy some of the best trial lawyers in the country)
>>
>>7600808
>>7600868
Franz Kafka - The Trial
H.L.A. Hart - The Concept of Law (it's non-fiction, philosophical-ish, theory of law)

For a further understanding of Civil Law (I'm sorry but I study law in a Civil Law country)
Montesquieu - L'Esprit des Lois
H. Kelsen - Reine Rechtslehre

I should add that I read your pic related and hated it so much, I can't stand injustice in books so it was very frustrating for me
>>
Carl Schmitt's influence on modern law in the west cannot be understated. Check out Nomos of the Earth
>>
How to Land a Legal Job Overseas, by Korshak.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.