[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Goethe? I want to read him but I cannot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: goethe.jpg (111 KB, 853x720) Image search: [Google]
goethe.jpg
111 KB, 853x720
What does /lit/ think of Goethe?

I want to read him but I cannot read German. How difficult is he to read for current-German readers?
>>
its no hard to read goethe if you're a native german speaker. sometimes you have to turn your brain on to understand some of the meanings of his sentences but it should be no problem for someone interested in literature.
i don't know how it is for a non-native german reader. the texts are 200 years old so there are some words in there that even germans have to look up to get the meaning of but if you can manage to read Goethes Faust you won't regret it. its one of those rare books that is just pure literature and if you read it you will know what i mean.
maybe if you are really interested start with "Die Leiden des jungen Werthers". its not too long, the story not to complex and because of it people have killed themselves.
>>
I have to Goethe the bathroom
>>
boring shit
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.