[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does rereading books helps more to one’s intellectual growth,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 96973.jpg (378 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
96973.jpg
378 KB, 600x800
Does rereading books helps more to one’s intellectual growth, then first time?
>>
depends. if you're reading fiction, then no
>>
>>7571676
>then

I am just mad Bowie's dead.
>>
>>7571676
More so than giving up entirely and not wanting to understand the book fully if it deals with themes you find most significant at that time in your life. You can always put it down with the intention of picking it up once you have more experience in the field it touches upon.

Not ashamed to say that some philosophy books took 10-15 re-reads before I understood it as much as I wanted to, I could tell on the first reading that I was novice though. And now after going through a lot of it I doubt I will get that feeling again or have to re-read a book that many times - don't get me wrong I would love it if that were the case because that would mean I have something new to explore and grow through it just depends on the book and reader.

I think you would be stupid to read it over again many times in a row just try and squeeze something extra out of your experience that isn't there, go and do something else along the same lines and use it for deliberate contrast for the next re-reading.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.