[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short Story Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 520x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 520x281
I need to write a short story, /lit/, but I'm fresh out of ideas. Please help.
>>
An autistic child goes on an adventure with his talking dog to find the magic skull of Oogy Bogus the Angolan war chief. On the way he learns a thing or two about friendship.
also he fucks his sister.
>>
What do you normally write?
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>7573383
Woah...
I got a story. Imagine this unfunny faggot who copy and pastes a meme in a short story thread. Then everyone realizes how unoriginal this guy is. This said person then goes back to reddit.
The moral of the story is that you should go back to reddit.
>>
>>7573411
I'm completely aware of how unfunny reposting memes are but I have nothing to do with my life and it took no effort to copy paste.
>>
>>7573510
i know of a website where unfunny memeposting is encouraged with 'karma'
>>
>>7573510
>>7573519
Since you guys both have nothing to do other than post a ancient korean image board, how about you guys go back to this "modern" site called reddit?
>>
>>7572750
Here's a prompt for you OP.

There is a 40 year old guy who lives somewhere in bumfuck Kentucky or another one of those shitty states who pumps gas for a living. He has just put the finishing touches on a 11 volume sci-fi series and he just got a new job installing home elevators for crippled old people. He's just released his first book for free on the internet in hopes of drumming up interest and somehow getting paid for the other 10 books in his epic series. Things are really looking up for him.

However, the internet readers begin absolutely savaging his book. They say the characters are melodramatic and flat and the plot is thin and derivative. Who would pay for this trash, they say. It seems that the project he's dedicated much of his life too won't make him a famous sci-fi/fantasy author like the fat guy who wrote a meme fantasy series that got picked up by HBO.

How does he react to this setback?
>>
>>7572750
write the loss meme into a short story, it is after all the greatest story ever told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiMYH9bHcY
>>
>>7573993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC4ZXw9wgc

accidentally put wrong link
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.