[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never hated a book more. The writing is so fucking bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: JoyceUlysses2.jpg (63 KB, 585x750) Image search: [Google]
JoyceUlysses2.jpg
63 KB, 585x750
I have never hated a book more. The writing is so fucking bad. I can't stop cringing.
>>
kys mm
>>
i see the reddit shitposts are in full effect
>>
File: fuckingserious.jpg (36 KB, 838x598) Image search: [Google]
fuckingserious.jpg
36 KB, 838x598
>What special affinities appeared to him to exist between the moon and woman?

>her antiquity in preceding and surviving successive tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependance: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising, and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waining:

>the forced invariability of her aspect: her indeterminate response to inaffirmative interrogation: her potency over effluent and refluent waters

>her power to enamour, to mortify, to invest with beauty, to render insane, to incite to and aid delinquency: the tranquil inscrutability of her visage:

>the terribility of her isolated dominant implacable resplendent propinquity:

>her omens of tempest and of calm: the stimulation of her light, her motion and her presence: the admonition of her craters, her arid seas, her silence:

>her splendour, when visible:

>her attraction, when invisible

>shit writing

Kill.Self.
>>
>>7495297
is that what this is? figured someone was off their meds
>>
>>7495355
/pol/ and /r9k/ never got on meds to begin with.

That's the problem.
>>
>>7495355
Yeah. It's the new meme. To pretend you came here from Imgur. It also, somehow, outdoes DFW posting in annoyingness.
>>
I really hated some parts of the books, but if you can the writing bad you are retarded.
It's painful because the best writer of all time choose to write about a fat jew who gets cucked and cooking liver. It's painful because he could have been a Shakespeare but he was a poof in Ulysses.

Dubliners is amazing still, will read portrait at some point too.
>>
>>7495515
>being mad he wrote about life

stop
>>
>>7495515
>cooking liver
>kidney
>Preferring Dubliners
>Thinks it's just Bloom getting cucked
>never read Molly's monologue

Clearly never read past the first 100 pages
>>
>>7495515
>caring about plot

you're worse than op
>>
>>7495931
Molly knows he pays for sex but let's be real she is mega cucking him. Best chapters are the play and the question. Worst is the priest talking about birth and bulls.
Wasn't really trying to say Dubliners is better, but yeah my post reads that way mb.
>>
>>7495933
>not caring about plot

Yeah, but you're more retarded.
>>
>>7495954
>Molly knows he pays for sex but let's be real she is mega cucking him

She only had an affair after two years of not being fucked by her jew husband.

She admits to that at the end if you fucking pay attention.
>>
>>7495983
I thought she also contradicts that. Maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>7495332
>woman is like the moon, the exposition.

Joyce was always a showoff, that type of writing ages like milk.

I like to think of literature in terms of music, because it takes two to tango, the author to give you the words and the reading to discern some meaning, the act of reading is a performance, it tests your own abilities and experiences.

Joyce tried to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ307sM0t-0

Joyce was actually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.