[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
??????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: img_2968.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
img_2968.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
>Put in this world against your will
>Forces you to face the fact that life has no objective meaning/traced path
>Confronted to anxiousness surrounding death
>If religious, God supposedly judges your acts throughout a life that you didn't choose to have at first
>Repeat process by procreating
>>
>>7479489
i have that image on a tile next to my door.
>>
>>7479500
Did you make it yourself?
>>
What?

You are part of a species of highly sophisticated social animal. Your quality of life and chance of passing on your genes is directly proportional to how well you adapt and fit inside the social order of whatever period in time you happen to be born into.

Because of overall improvements, even those with maladapted personalities; who throughout human history have been persecuted, maligned, rejected; can still enjoy the freedoms to live, work and breed in a society which they contribute nothing to and would be better off without them.

Contrarian ideas are not yours and yours alone through force of will and sheer determination. You're a genetic failure, a maladapted social retard, who in a more spartan world would simply be eliminated in the womb, sparing us all years of your torrid lamentation. Be thankful that the vast majority of normal people have decided to allow societies such as ours to be tolerant and let defective members of the species participate. If we were animals in the wild, your legs would be broken and you'd be left out overnight for the wolves to find.
>>
>>7480904
Wow you are projecting hard
What's wrong?
>>
>>7480904
>you're a genetic failure, a maladapted social retard, who in a more spartan world would simply be eliminated in the womb, sparing us all years of your torrid lamentation
so the guy says he doesn't want to live and you say he should have died as if that's some kind of insult, 10/10 logic.

You also seem to assume you yourself are not 'defective', I wonder what leads you to assume that because you're likely not to be any different from any other 4chan user so don't pretend to be some ubermensch because you're clearly not.
>>
File: edgy.gif (29 KB, 300x312) Image search: [Google]
edgy.gif
29 KB, 300x312
>>7480904
>>
>>7479489
>the vastness and wonder of reality and the human condition has been summed up in 20 odd lines of green colored text on an Estonian stamp collecting forum

Read more
>>
>>7480936
>>7480952

It's just a general treatise on the human condition written in the personal pejorative. The subject can choose to agree or disagree, but rest assured this author has no emotional horse in the race.

If you are to argue about concepts such as will, no objective meaning, stated nondeterminism, followed by an established predetermined outcome, a general misunderstanding of religion and the spiritual then finally to suggest wilful action born out of unwilful existence, this reads like general incoherency in thought and ignorance in understanding on the part of the originator.

A point of view is then presented, which cleanly refutes all possible presented positions of dissension, they are infact mislabelled maladaption. The incoherency is solved, nothing of value can be salvaged from useless rambling verbage from unthinking subhumans who practice mimicry in an attempt to shift a damming and very personal flaw, the treatise holds true.

Is a bird who continuously flies into a window a brazen explorer pushing the limits of bird kind, or just another idiot not long for this world?

>>7480981
If A says nothing matters, and B says everything except A's existence matters, it follows A must agree in part, for surely A is part of the implied nothing and B has simply stated a valid subset.

Ohh wait.. was A actually saying nothing matters with the exception A.

Now that I can't accept.
>>
>>7480904
?????

You are really distant to the point I am sharing.
What I did there is a quick critique of the relation between the nonsense of meaningless life and our need to pass it on to anext generation even if life itself is not guided with a predicted essence. Why would we procreate if we do not understand what's the point of living at first? By asking these questions, in my opinion, it devalorizes life as a whole and diminishes the will to procreate.

I am not talking here about the fact that not having as much chance as another being at birth due to a physical/mental disability or a racial/group issue lowers your chance to have a high quality of life... It is my point at all but still, it can be, I agree, an interesting subject for maybe another thread
>>
>>7479489

That's an amazing painting. So comfy, and yet so cold and empty. Kind of how I've been feeling this past week. Thanks for it, OP.
>>
>>7480859
no, i found it at a garage sale somewhere, it's pretty neat though.
>>
>>7479489

Those things should exhilarate you, not frighten you.

Life is only a problem if you let it be, my friend.
>>
>>7479489
>god exists
>life has no objective meaning

ayy
>>
File: ET.jpg (165 KB, 545x374) Image search: [Google]
ET.jpg
165 KB, 545x374
>Live a shitty unhappy life
>Worry that I'll regret all the shit I could have done on my deathbed
>Remember that after the pain of regret I'll be fucking dead and it won't matter
>mfw
>>
>>7482164
>IF religious,...
or if you prefer: Even if you believe god exists, then...
>>
>>7482142
I felt the same bro, I thought it was the best one to represent the idea I wanted to share...
>>
>le french hack face both smoking, one an ugly phenomenologist and another a handsome novelist
>>
>>7481056
>useless rambling verbage
oh the fucking irony
>GUISE,GUISE LOOK AT ME! I USE HUNDREDS OF WORDS TO EXPRESS SOMETHING I COULD HAVE SAID IN A FEW SENTENCES, AREN'T I SMART? PLEASE VALIDATE ME.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.