[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing your dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: let me be.jpg (151 KB, 1188x445) Image search: [Google]
let me be.jpg
151 KB, 1188x445
Im keeping a dream journal. im hoping to get some cool stories out of it. Have you ever had a dream journal? What did you do with it? Did you write down any crazy weird dreams?
>>
>>7468045
Making stories out of dreams is the epitome of le so randum Xd. Fuck off
>>
90% of my dreams revolve around me missing my exams.
>tfw almost a college dropout
>>
>>7468057
so randum? When i have a worthwhile dream, i write it down carefully, recalling every detail from the dream. I dont just get an idea and make it up as i go, i write the whole of the dream, with precise descriptions and explanations of minute details. Otherwise whats the point? I think it takes a significant writing ability to recall, and narrate your dream eloquently, in a way that makes sense to a reader.
Its not a greentext of what happened
>went to sleep
>dreamed of rainbow horses and talking pigs
>once upon a time a rainbow horse a talking pig
>they died shortly after meeting each other
>there was no funeral
>the end

Its a real challenge to remember all the things from your dreams.
>>
>>7468107
You do this a lot and an increasing amount of the recall work will have be done from within. Probably changes the way things go, having yourself recording at all times.
>>
>>7468045
I used to keep a dream journal and still write in it on occasion when I can be arsed.

I even had a couple of "lucid" "experiences" but they remain ephemeral.

I've come to the conclusion that lucidity within the dream and vividness in dream recall aren't necessarily correlated.

Often the experience leaves you questioning whether you had "a" lucid dream or whether you "dreamt" of having a lucid dream, if there even is a difference between the two states.

Furthermore, even when lucidity is attained, true "freedom" to do as one pleases within the dreamscape can feel like it remains illusory.

>>7468100
90% of my dreams revolve around me having sex with girls with nice asses.
>tfw virgin
>>
>>7469207
>if there even is a difference between the two states
There is one in that they are very clearly observed in brainwaves, though that doesn't necessarily help you with making the distinction.
>>
once i (a white man) dreamt i was a black guy fantasizing about what it was like to be white and this daydream fantasy consisted of me walking down sidewalks and buying ice cream and parking my car and that was it
>>
>>7468045
journal is very big help for lucid dreaming, I have those often, but only then I sleep longer. with 5 or so ours is hard to have even normal dreams, but then I can/have time for power naps I usualy tripping for good
>>
I've been keeping a dream journal of and on for about 5 years. I gets some crazy shit out of it. Just yesterday I dreamt this joke:

Q: What do say to a bisexual anthropologist when you ask them out?
A: Hey baby, I'm half homo and half erectus.

If anybody wants me too, I'll post some of my most coherent dreams. They're very cinematic.
>>
>>7470712
Please do so.
>>
>>7468045

I wrote this based on my dreams:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1GBzKFPzUydvMaLqwKoWxWd961uDWwqlfa32Qr5tFUQI/

I'm an incompetent writer though, and it sucks.
>>
>>7470723
Here's one. I have a bad habit of just stopping writing in the middle of a sentence with the promise I'll get back to it later. I can actually recall a lot of them, but right now I don't have a lot that's consistently coherent. Here's two.

I walk into this official looking building and in order to save, like, illegal immigrants there from… whatever, bad white men, I start slaughtering people with an ax. I slash throats and sometimes other body parts get in the way. I kill maybe 15-20 people. Then I walk away. The problem is, somebody saw me. Somebody who’s taunting me. Not blackmailing me, just sending me pictures of the crime scene and things like that. Letting me know that they know. It starts to get worse somebody starts to follow me, there’s a constant, prevailing sense of dread. I have an ethnic friend who’s a very prestigious shop owner, famous for his no nonsense and abrasive personality, but also his success rate in… giving out appropriate herbal/ethnic remedies? He likes to roll around on an office chair when he’s home or in shop. He knows about my “habit”. He starts to get harassed too. At one point there’s like this senators ball,

A Japanese man looks into the camera. His face is painted red. On his forehead, it says: Note to self. He looks closer. There’s a sticky note on his cheek that just says RUN
>>
>>7470758
I'm just realizing how many dreams I don't expand upon.

huge mansion people who live really long time. I'm in the mansion and one of the people is trying to kill these two people while I'm trying to save them? Apparently not immortal, but really really long life.
There's a lot of rabit metaphors I can't remember- no, the crazy quasi immortal dude does a backstory exposition where he explains that as a child he really wanted a rabbit, but he lived in the italian province, where they ate rabbits.
Somehow I manage to trick him and get the woman out, but I haven't killed him yet. The woman, as I pass her while she runs away says that he was acting strange. I run through the house and find the guy laying on his messed up bed, looking delirious. He's in the middle and next to him is like this ghostly echo, him, younger, laying on the bed while his dad is sitting on the edge, crying over him. The father is this blue colllar guy, even while the son (in the echo maybe 12 or 13) is rich as fuck. The son is dying and then the father cradles him close and lifts him up. I sit down on the edge of the bed, right directly next to the echo, thinking if I can just move through it, because I'm trying to get to the not-son who's on the bed and dying. The echo ends before I can and I pull the guy into my lap. I hold him and comfort him while he dies.
>>
>>7470758
>A Japanese man looks into the camera. His face is painted red. On his forehead, it says: Note to self. He looks closer.
>There’s a sticky note on his cheek that just says RUN

This is genius, I wish I had dreams like this instead of the same 2-3 generalized dreams every night.
>>
>>7470797
For some reason I've had a couple dreams involving japanese people and dojos, and it usually involves a face somehow?

But about 50% of my dreams start off as "a school trip" and then deviate into something else.

Two different types of blue aliens

yeah, we used to kill humans because we couldn't communicate with you properly that you were weird, look, see? Alien lifts his hands and points at other wierd looking blue alien "you are not one of us, you are different you are an outsider!" is transmitted telepathically between them. See? It's simple.

Other alien; but if they can't kill you for being horrible freaks of nature, than we can't really either, huh?
We're actually kinda trying the whole talking with the mouth thing. It's not really working.
Snow a news clip of two blue (dif) aliens at a news castors desk. It's mounted on this big spire of spikes and lava. they're just kind of making pfft pbbft pfft noises with their mouths.
"No, I think it needs more pfffft pft pft." says one. The camera wants to pan away. The other alien "Wait wait there's a ten minute guitar riff."
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.