[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes you guys recommend eating/sleeping fine, working out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: simon.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
simon.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Sometimes you guys recommend eating/sleeping fine, working out and all that shit to be flexy and read and write dope. What is sleeping fine for yall?

>pic maybe related
>>
File: schopenfühler.jpg (146 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
schopenfühler.jpg
146 KB, 576x635
...For night imparts to everything its black colour. Therefore when we go to sleep or even wake up in the night, our thoughts are frequently almost as bad distortions and perversions of things as are dreams; moreover, if they concern our personal affairs, they are usually as black as possible and even frightful. In the morning all such terrible apparitions have like dreams vanished, as is expressed by the Spanish proverb: noche tinta, bianco el dia (the night is coloured, the day is white). But also in the evening when the candles are burning, the understanding, like the eye, does not see things so clearly as it does during the day; therefore this time is not suited for meditating on serious and especially unpleasant affairs for which the morning is the right time, as it also is generally without exception for all work, whether mental or physical. For the morning is the youth of the day; everything is bright, fresh, and easy; we feel strong and have at our complete disposal all our faculties. We should not shorten it by getting up late, or even waste it in unworthy occupations or gossip; on the contrary, we should regard it as the quintessence of life and to a certain extent treat it as sacred. Evening, on the other hand, is the day's old age; at such a time we are dull, garrulous, and frivolous. Each day is a little life for which our waking up is the birth and which is brought to an end by sleep as death. Thus going to sleep is a daily death and every waking up a new birth. In fact to complete the simile, we could regard the discomfort and difficulty of getting up as labour pains.
>>
>>7467194
Bullshit. Kafka only wrote at night. And it's "blanca", not "bianca".
I be asking how many hours should I sleep and that kind of shit.
>>
I don't know, dude, like 7 hours maybe?
>>
File: 1442301806882.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1442301806882.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>how do i sleep well
Do you have some kind of medical sleep problem or are you just too retarded to function as an adult without someone telling you it's bedtime?
>>
>>7467296
Damn son, I think I only sleep like that on fridays. Other days I'm just into no more than 6. I stay reading and doing shit desu until 1:30 and I wake up for uni at 7:30.
>>
>>7467322
Yeah, the second one.
>>
doing something other being a fat fuck and sitting in front of the computer all day actually gets you tired and sleepy around bedtime
>>
>>7467337
I be underweigh desu. And I use to take tea with dinner. Am I a degenerate?
>>
>>7467347
I have no idea what you're saying
>>
>>7467353
Maybe tea makes me unsleepy mane
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.