[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ so, one of my friends wants me to write a 8 page philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-09-21-16-11-52.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-21-16-11-52.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
/lit/ so, one of my friends wants me to write a 8 page philosophy paper for her. And this is gonna be my first time writing a paper for someone else, so i was wondering how much i should charge?
>>
>>7414034

however much she's willing to pay, junior. start high, say 300$, go from there. don't leave out the option of carnal persuasion. but don't be too obvious about it. something like
>i don't want any money from you..i care about you too much to do that..
and then just like casually push her head down to your crotch.
godspeed
>>
>>7414034

Depends on how much you like your friend, how difficult the content is, whether or not you need to do a lot of extra research, and several other factors.

My standard rate varies between $15 and $25 per double-spaced page. I tend to charge more money if I'm being asked to do an assignment at the last minute or if I have my own exams and schoolwork to deal with first. Likewise, I always let my customers know that I'll charge some additional fee if I wind up spending an inordinate amount of time creating charts or learning course material. I'm always fair about these charges and don't normally end up adding any.

You might consider charging more if you're not knowledgeable about philosophy or if you type slowly. I write for a lot of people on a regular basis and can type upwards of 150 words per minute, so I usually earn between $20 and $50 per hour, depending on the essay's difficulty.

If your friend's paper is single-spaced then my minimum charge would be around $240 and might be more in the neighborhood of $320 around this time of year.
>>
>>7414044
Lol wtf. Nah i don't wanna charge her too much. Im not trying to milk her for money
>>
>>7414061
Holy shit. Ppl actually pay that much money for a paper?
>>
>>7414074

Yup. If anything, I sometimes feel as if I'm not charging enough. Let's face it - if somebody has money to pay another person to do their work for them, they probably aren't too poor.

Somebody paid me $1,000 to do a 50-page thesis for them about a month ago. Him aside, I made almost $2,500 in total from writing that week, although that's the first time I've earned earned so much. I started on Friday and finished by mid-day Sunday. Today I have to help another friend with medical school applications, do a research assignment for one of my regular customers, and study for my own finals.

I'm going on a month-long vacation in two weeks, so I want to make as much as possible between writing and my regular job.
>>
>>7414089
So, I have to ask, out of curiosity, how did yiu get started in this "business"?

And how do you find customers?
>>
>>7414096

I had to a project in a class two or three years back. One girl wanted to work with me since I was doing a presentation about a political event that had happened in her country the summer before. I made a joke at some point about writing her weekly essays for her but she took me seriously and made a deal. I offered her a small commission to help me find more customers and she recommended me to one of her friends, who in turn passed on my contact to several of hers and so on and so forth. I have a decent spread of students who come to me with papers just about every semester and I usually offer free essays or big discounts to my regulars who refer me to a few of their friends.

It's really easy money in most cases. I type fast and am good enough at writing that I don't have to put much thought into what I'm doing to keep professors and students happy.
>>
>>7414120
I think my only concern would be if the student gets caught, in that the professor knows the student didnt write the paper. Couldn't you and the other student be subject to expulsion?
>>
>>7414128

Sure, that's always a possibility. My experience so far has been that none of the students I've written for have even been questioned. I go to a well-regarded university but most of the classes are too large for professors to get to know their students intimately. I'm often "contracted" to do all the work for one class, too, so there aren't usually any discrepancies from one paper to the next.

If somebody contacts me out of the blue for a big assignment or paper they don't think they can do on their own, I request a writing sample so that I can try to match my style with theirs. That's actually harder than it sounds, because some of the folks I do work for are international students and can hardly string together a coherent set of sentences. Nevertheless, I just avoid using long words and very precise grammar but still make everything sound good and live up to the required standards.

I don't think most professors are going to look too closely at an essay and wonder whether or not the student wrote it. A lot of the time TAs are the ones doing the grading anyway. My papers are all original, so the only recourse a suspicious teacher would have is to call my customers in and force them to write out an essay in front of them. I don't think the chances of that happening are very high, and experience has proven me right so far.
>>
>>7414064
Why not just try to milk her then? Or have her milk you.
That's why I loved living on farm.
>>
>>7414160
I appreciate all the information you've provided me. Helped me a lot mate.
>>
>>7414034

What movie is this?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.