[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /superfluousman/ here? >tfw living in my car >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: car_interior_photo.jpg (353 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
car_interior_photo.jpg
353 KB, 1280x960
Who /superfluousman/ here?

>tfw living in my car
>tfw spending 10 hours a day at the local library
>tfw enough money to allow me to continue this lifestyle for at least another two years
>>
>>7409484
living the dream
how long has it been?
>>
File: 1447920355561.gif (350 KB, 215x194) Image search: [Google]
1447920355561.gif
350 KB, 215x194
>go to university for MA
>no financial aid for MAs
>be homeless
>live in a different men's shelter every night
>eat at soup kitchens and churches
>sell cocaine to pay tuition
>store all my shit in a storage locker for next to nothing
>write papers while riding subway/bus back and forth across town, with big duffelbag full of library books
>steal/use free wifi
>meet tons of humanities chicks on craigslist/okcupid/pof
>have sex with them
>don't have permanent residence
>just do it in random grad offices and classrooms and bathrooms at the university
>have giant awful hobo beard and smell bad
>get drunk on fortified wine while fucking them
>they don't even care
>tfw snorting coke and walking around to find a bus stop to sleep in while reading a book about buzzard parasitology
>>
>>7409497
>>no financial aid for MAs

WHAT
>>
>>7409497
oh my
>>
>>7409490
Two months so far. First week or so was pretty tough, stayed in a hostel a few nights.
>>
File: 1387765564887.png (43 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
1387765564887.png
43 KB, 344x517
aaah if I get grubby hands or even moderately hungry I start freaking out. . .how do you live this way? I'm honestly envious more than anything please don't take this as an affront
>>
>>7409526
I'm pretty much the same. I value cleanliness, always have. I shower every morning (early) at a local leisure centre. I then go to a church which serves coffee for the homeless (and for people who go to their meetings etc) and then head to the library. I have two "outfits" which I alternate between, washing them weekly at a laundromat. Finding a place to sleep is the hardest since the police have already warned me not to sleep in my car once. I'm pretty close to an elderly member of the local church though so I think I may have an option of sleeping there soon if I need to, or at least parking outside at night. I've read more in the past two months than I have in like a year and a half. Surprisingly I am the least stressed I've been in a long time, which allows me to focus on my reading in a way I really appreciate.
>>
>>7409484
are you in school or are you just ~living?
>>
>>7409547
Graduated two years ago. Worked an office job for a year and a half and quit to live this way for a while.
>>
>>7409548
what are your plans after the 2 years?
>>
>>7409537
what do you read?
>>
>>7409551
Suicide probably.
>>
>>7409497
killing the game
>>
>>7409553
All sorts of stuff (though not at random). I have a list of 76 books I want to read, after that I'll probably read more by those authors I enjoyed most, or about subjects I particularly enjoy and feel are relevant to my interests.
>>
>>7409537

How do you pay for car insurance and gas? I know where I live people who have low income can use the pool for free (I did once) but I remember there was a lot of paperwork that got mailed to my house. It would be nice not to have to work and be. . .unencumbered but I don't think I could handle it.

Be careful out there Anon.
>>
>>7409566
Savings from my job. Also I stay in the same area most of the time so fuel expenses are low. The only concern I have is not being able to get back into work since there'll be a massive hole in my CV, but really I'm not invested enough in society to care at this point.
>>
how many dicks have you sucked?
>>
>>7409570
Zero thus far.
>>
>>7409497
You're living the literary life my man
>>
All you need is land and a title and you are an old-age aristocrat OP.
>>
>>7409537
>the police have already warned me not to sleep in my car once
Why? What's wrong/illegal about sleeping in your car? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>7409497
>buzzard parasitology
I wanted this pasta to die, and it did not die.
>>
>>7409497
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S5719437#p5720029
>>
>>7409674
Suspicions of being a drunk driver I assume
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.