[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lit, how do I be a bad writer? Unlike you guys, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: motivationalposter.jpg (61 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
motivationalposter.jpg
61 KB, 640x469
Lit, how do I be a bad writer?

Unlike you guys, I don't want to write well. I want to write awfully. But I keep writing stuff and it ends up coming out good, or interesting. It's maddening and there's no real help on this front.

I thought maybe you'd know better than anyone else.

Thanks,
Jeremy
>>
>>8281293
Sample of my work
>Ahhhh the turd said as it slid out of an anus and was flushed away to the sewers, feeling bliss. For you see to the turd this was the end of a long and arduous life-cycle that begun as part of a cow. Now he was going to dissolve into water, be purified, and one with the Earth. Briefly, before his consciousness left him, he felt a sense of gratitude for all the humans who made this possible. The Tao was real.

See this isn't actually that bad. People want to keep reading and I don't know why. It doesn't matter how repugnant I make the subject matter or how ridiculous the writing is. People just gobble it up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, guys.

Thanks,
Jeremy
>>
>>8281293
That's half like asking how do i become bad at the science of physics, and half like asking how do i become bad at carpentry... you can't accomplish the former without intentionally causing harm to your brain, probably. The answer to the latter is obvious but you probably think it's too obvious so you dismiss it. You become bad at carpentry by not doing the things you are supposed to do to be good at carpentry in the way you are supposed to do them. Which is a little interesting because it means that only good writers can write in the absolute worst way (technically worst, mind you, not in the most "repulsive" way which is another topic.) Somewhat like how only someone knowledgeable of laws can break all of them when one would expect the thief or murderer for example to be the greatest lawbreaker. The idea behind skill acquisition is interesting in this way: It -conceptually but not neurologically speaking- has to do with learning all the things that are wrong by learning the exact small set of things which are correct, thus enabling you to avoid the most amount mistakes... So to write the worst be the absolute best writer or as good a writer as a human can be... and in this vein you can dial it down and commit as many mistakes as you can according to your knowledge.
>>
>>8281527
(im obviously only assuming you "would be good at physics and carpentry". Whether or not you actually are is besides the point.)
>>
>>8281317
Stopped reading at work
You're doing great on your goal.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.