[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What author/philosopher makes the besy argument for the concept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Coil.jpg (34 KB, 436x600) Image search: [Google]
Coil.jpg
34 KB, 436x600
What author/philosopher makes the besy argument for the concept of "true love".

I've fallen in love and want to believe.

Pic unrelated
>>
I would say Pessoa.
>>
>>8280714
Dante.
>>
>>8280714

Let's instead turn the question inwards on you, anon, and then let's try to bring it back round to the board's topic - literature. Image choices with such scant info are rarely accidental. It is reasonable to assume that you are in a gay relationship. And what's more, you profess /love/ (as opposed to mere rutting). The very idea of a gay man admitting to /falling in love/ is quite rare, quite something.

You sound like a schoolgirl, which doesn't necessarily make for bad lit, but get ahold of yourself. Perhaps you are instead currently enjoying infatuation, for example, which is admittedly a form of love, but older people know to see it coming a bit better.

Another enticing possibility is that this is the very first time that (assuming you're gay) you've happened on a loving gay relationship, which is why you're flitting about for lovey-dovey shit. The very idea that you could have emerged into a loving gay relationship may seem absurdly wonderful to you - if in fact that is what is going on.

You don't need to philosophize, I don't think - assuming the above is accurate. Maybe try a sonnet from Shakespeare?
>>
File: _20160715_034846.jpg (60 KB, 1080x540) Image search: [Google]
_20160715_034846.jpg
60 KB, 1080x540
>>
>>8280714
socratese had the phaedo, phadrus, and there was also that one about a bunch of his friends and him getting together and each talking about what they think illustrates love the best.

sapho had love poems

Rumi

Maybe Alan Watts, but I have never heard anything from him about love, Im more of a consiousness freak

Erich Fromm maybe?

Jesus

Fire in the Belly and To Love and Be Loved both by sam keen
I read those in my love sex and western morality class

The Four Agreements
The Alchemist
anthting by Paul Cohelo

and contra to that maybe that Sluts Bible or whatever.

but it kinda hard to trust any philosophers who write on love as a significant majority
>>
>>8280764
....a significant majority of them died alone
>>
>>8280714
kierkegaard in anything written before the postscript.
>>
>>8280723
This
>>
>>8280764
Phaedo had shit to do with love nigger, you're thinking of the symposium
>>
>>8280723
this
>>
Kierkegaard. Read Works of Love, it's beautiful:

"Worldly wisdom is of the opinion that love is a relationship between persons; Christianity teaches that love is a relationship between: a person—God—a person, that is, that God is the middle term. However beautiful a relationship of love has been between two people or among many, however complete all their desire and all their bliss have been for themselves in mutual sacrifice and devotion, even though everyone has praised this relationship—if God and the relationship with God have been omitted, then this, in the Christian sense, has not been love but a mutually enchanting defraudation of love. To love God is to love oneself truly, to help another person to love God is to love another person, to be helped by another person to love God is to be loved."
>>
Aristophanes

Nietzsche (sort of)

Nozick (though it really only works for men, but 4chan should be fine)

Solomon
>>
>>8280714
Solomon, Diotima, Jesus and Ficino.
>>
Zizek
>>
>>8280714
Picture very related senpai
>>
>>8280764
>>8281068
>>8281071
>>8281083
Thank you guys will be delving deeper. Kierkegaard definitely seems close to what I was looking for.
>>8282122
True
>>
Erich Fromm
>>
File: The-sweater.png (1 MB, 1141x649) Image search: [Google]
The-sweater.png
1 MB, 1141x649
so did these guys make the runescape OST?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0dnx7AHKE
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.