[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you want to read more than you do read? How to read more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: umTEJ0T.jpg (80 KB, 1077x1260) Image search: [Google]
umTEJ0T.jpg
80 KB, 1077x1260
Do you want to read more than you do read?

How to read more everyday? Does it get better and easier? I get tired quick, it drains me.
>>
It depends on what you're reading. A big misconception that most people on this board fall victim to is that you must read a 'canon' in order to be a 'reader.' Never quite understood this. I read about things that I find interesting and want to know more about. Try researching on Google about vague topics that you would like to know more about, or themes that are relevant to your past experience. Hopefully you will get a sense of the style you prefer, and will get less bored. Try reading some short stories first if you get intimidated by long narratives. For an arbitrary starting point that has a diverse collection of stories, I'd recommend Girl with Curious Hair by David Foster Wallace, or The Angel Esmeralda by Don DeLillo. Honestly you need to find topics that you enjoy... reading is meant to be fun.

Unless it's philosophy; then you're going to have a boring ol' time. But that's the point.

hehe x)
>>
>>8276134
i make coffee

>>8276157
p good post
>>
I spend more time searching books to read and buying them than actually reading. Feels bad.
>>
>>8276134
unless you are doing for work/college, you should force yourself to read anything t.bh. read what you enjoy. but yes, the more you read, the more you want to read

>>8276157
The Angel Esmeralda is a masterpiece. Not a fan of DFW though
>>
>>8276134
Read what you like. Don't start with the heavy stuff. Find an author you like and search for more of his stuff or things related to it.

As for wanting to read more, I have a pretty tight budget recently, so I've been spending more time trying to find something worth buying than reading, which is sad.
>>
>>8276134
>How to read more everyday? Does it get better and easier?
Reading definitely gets easier, and if you don't know how to critically analyze a text then yes you'll get better at it. Make reading part of your routine, like reading for x number of minutes when you get home from work/class every day. Then make x greater if you want to read more, or dedicate another time during your routine to reading.
>>
>>8276134
I dreamt myself exactly like that figure. What did I mean by this?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.