[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Vorrrh.jpg (62 KB, 613x913) Image search: [Google]
Vorrrh.jpg
62 KB, 613x913
What do you think of it?
>>
Read it based on recommendation from Alan Moore and was also pleased to see Terry Gilliam having a blurb on the cover. They know their audience.

I found it a bit difficult and quite baffling. It seemed to me like the equivelant of how, you know, Tolkien is usually said to base his fantasy on epic poetry and North European folklore. In the same vein, this is fantasy inspired by Sir John Mandeville and colonial history. I liked it a lot, but I spent most of it being confused with the metaphysics of it, which I hope will be covered more in the proposed sequels. My favorite of the narrative lines is the one with the isolated cyclops who loses his sex robot baby-sitters and decide to hit the town and slap his spiral-cock on some blind chick. That's the kind of weirdness you're in for.

tl;dr: it was weird, but I kinda want to read it again to figure it out, so it's worth traversing.
>>
>>8269031
Cool, the review for it are so polarizing but i'm leaning towards trying it out later this year
(i just want really experimental fantasy)
>>
>>8269031
It's a pretty standard rip on Paradise Lost.

>>8268619
The best chapters were the ones about the dude who revolutionised camera technology and took lots of spooky pics of the Winchester house. I thought the ending was disappointing though, there was a huge amount of build-up, then all of the main characters walk off stage with only a few of their arcs really complete.
>>
>>8268619
Haven't read yet, on backlist because Alan Moore praised it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.