[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to write a novel that will be heralded as the modern/future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1465576580441.png (224 KB, 447x489) Image search: [Google]
1465576580441.png
224 KB, 447x489
I want to write a novel that will be heralded as the modern/future day Game of Thrones.

Face it, /lit/, no matter how much you hate the fat ass because of his weak prose, the plot alone is something that will forever push us writers to not write plain and obvious boring stuff.

I'm currently thinking of themes I want to include. This is what I have so far:

>Machiavellian Politics
>Dystopianism
>Metaphysics
>Aliens
>Alternative history conspiracies
>Morality
>Space colonization
>Consciousness
>Secret Societies
>Mind control
>Jews

Those are some at the top my head. What else can I include to make it crazier?
>>
>>8264128
Trump 2016
>>
who do you mean by us writers? people with shelves full of stephen king and rehashed fantasy and scifi books.
>>
File: lebagget.png (336 KB, 859x596) Image search: [Google]
lebagget.png
336 KB, 859x596
>>8264132
This would be a part of alternative history since he won't win.

There have been various information agents that have posted on /pol/ warning us so. I'm not one to blindly believe some anon poster on 4chan claiming to have knowledge but their predictions do seem to fall inline with the current geopolitical climate.

>>8264153
I mean ever since I read/watched his stuff, most other shows and fantasy books are boring and pale by comparison just in the lack of character depth alone.
>>
>implying great literature is about plot
>>
"Honra y provecho no caben en un saco"
>>
>>8264128
Retarded idea, just take a greek tragedy, change the setting and write dat P R O S E
>>
>>8264128

I can tell you're not a good author already, so even if you did write this book it'd be overstuffed and shallow with your said themes alone, let alone whatever you want to make it 'crazier'.
>>
File: 1428089518332.jpg (24 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1428089518332.jpg
24 KB, 500x384
I know a lot of bitter writers who think they're better than everyone else get off on telling other writers their ideas or shit on /lit/ but I didn't ask if this was a good idea or not.
>>
>>8264128
90% of that shit is stupid already.
Politics, dystopianism, aliens, morality, colonization and secret societies are good enough already.
>>
>>8264128
>What else can I include to make it crazier?

Focus on plot and character development. Buttfuck retarded lists of words like consciousness and aliens aren't going to get you anywhere except maybe 15 pages in a word document
>>
>>8264437
/thread
>>
>>8264128
>Jews

I think you might have something here...
>>
>>8264128
think of themes all you want but unless you have the talent you're just going to make a work of shit. u post on /pol/ tho so i doubt you have any discernible talent
>>
>>8264161
>fantasy books are boring
Maybe you are ready for the big boy books.
>>
Sounds like Dune.
>>
File: 1436935081941.jpg (22 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
1436935081941.jpg
22 KB, 399x295
>What else can I include to make it crazier?
>>
I got it.

Okay. Okay.

It's Hamlet.

Okay.

With lions.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.