[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is your library noisy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1467310166326.jpg (47 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467310166326.jpg
47 KB, 540x404
is your library noisy?
>>
>>8258571
Since it is a haven for the homeless and literal retards, yes.

Some sub-normal is always screaming MUH PANKAKES I LOVE PANKAKES or something. The childrens room is actually better run even though they have a low functioning autistic kid volunteering there who hates other people. I would go to the huge neo-classical beautiful library down the street but it is across from a halfway house that is closed between 9 and 6.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>8258571
>Teens that are on their phones waiting for the bus
>People taking phone calls when it's rainy outside
>Immigrants
(I actually saw a paki kick an eight year-old in the back of the head)
Children aren't actually that noisy, it's only when parents take them to the library with nothing to do while they sit at the computer.
Only the elderly and lonely teens are respectful.
The fucking workers whistle while they work!
>>
I am privileged enough to live in upper middle class neighborhood. Several of these small wealthy neighborhoods are linked to a massive commercialized parkway like veins off a main artery. One of these veins holds a parking lot that provides space for both the library and a small diner. Thus the library is quiet, spacious, and free from homeless and autism due to a diligent well paid staff and the fact that the nearest slum is thirty miles away.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467539895897.jpg (35 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467539895897.jpg
35 KB, 453x604
OP here: my library is noisy because of old fuckers and a blizzard of 20-something transnowflake autists.
>>
Oh what the fuck, I have rarely been in a noisy library, what is this? If there was noise, it was just some temporary little kids.
>>
Only during school hours (9-3 or so), the stay-at-home moms bring their noisy babies and toddlers during that time. The library is pretty much a daycare at that time of day.

But after 4 they all go home and it's pretty comfy
>>
>>8258571
What's the sauce OP?
>>
>>8260823
Thanks anon
>>
I don't go to libraries. Secondhand stores are better.
>>
>>8258571
Yes, so I stopped going. It's treated as a place for Mexicans to drop their kids off and leave them unsupervised for a few hours while they sit outside and yell at each other in Spanish.

Florida is hell.
>>
Not noisy, but somehow it just isnt very comfortable a place to be. Very gray, very "bureau-like", so to say. I never go there to read or just to browse, I just "order" the books I want to borrow online and go grab them.
>>
fucking kids are always eating potato chips and shit, drives me fucking insane

one day i'm going to be crashing from a 10 hour adderall fueled study bender and I'm going to fucking lose it and kill some poor korean girl eating carrot sticks and humus.

a library staff person will find me desperately trying to mop up the blood with stacks of pdfs i had to pay 10 dollars to print because my professor is too lazy to print shit (for free) for his students, sobbing desperately as i realize what I've done, blowing my orange snot into the tattered "rough draft", "WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO DO NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY" written over and over again, Sirhan Sirhan style, humus and carrots strewn about the floor...
>>
The only major library near me usually just has one single kid in the entire building using a DS sitting in the upright position. Otherwise no one is there. They also get irritated with me for going in the building.
>>
>>8260945
What's the story? Don't leave me hanging here anon
>>
>>8260941
write a book anon
>>
My library is alright. It's connected to libraries in other states, so they can share books with each other.

One library was small. And an paki guy gave me a judgemental look for grabbing an Indiana Jones omnibus.

The other library was so small, some kid occupied the computer with some Lets player who used a face cam. At least the noisy tater tot wore headphones.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.